Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts
Thanks for the info I am still trying to find a place to stay so I will call waubee lodge. Are there any other places that are ride in ride out you can recommend. Looking for a small cabin or hotel prefer someplace we can sit around a camp fire in the evening

Just got back from a great weekend with the wife. We ended up staying at spur of the moment and rode over 250 miles yesterday with out repeating anything. The trails where wider and faster than black river falls but allot less crowded and there was a fair bit on tight trail riding mixed in. We will defiantly be going back. I purchased the vvmapping map book before the trim and it was a definite plus to have along. However next time we go up the wife has requested we get a gps

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Just got back from a great weekend with the wife. We ended up staying at spur of the moment and rode over 250 miles yesterday with out repeating anything. The trails where wider and faster than black river falls but allot less crowded and there was a fair bit on tight trail riding mixed in. We will defiantly be going back. I purchased the vvmapping map book before the trim and it was a definite plus to have along. However next time we go up the wife has requested we get a gps
Glad to hear you liked the trails up there.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Has any one been up in the area lately ? I was wondering if the forest trails are back open, I know a bunch were close due to excessive water on the trails. thanks in advance.

We where up there the 10th and 11th of this month and we where told that only a couple of trails in the south east of the county where closed. We rode all over the central and western part of the trail system and did not come across any closed trails. It honestly was not the set up there (although that was two weeks ago)

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I tried to get to the trail head parking lot on hyw 64 and Robenhorst rd from the trails and the water holes where a little too deep for me [I was ridding with my grand daughter alone and wasn't going to take a chance] how ever I had drove back to that trail head in the truck and posted there on the board there they had a map marked of the closed parts, sorry I did not take a pic of it. I can tell you when coming from the gas station in Breed to the pipeline, the trail into the forest from the pipeline was one of the parts of the trail closed. With a good gps I would think you might be able to work around some of the closed parts using firelanes. The neighbor had told me it had been raining every day up there so if the rain stays away the trails might open back up, I hope you have a fun trip lots of water to play in on the pipeline if your into that.

Yes they are. I rode up there on Thursday. There wasn't any water on the trails at all. I went on the Paul Bunyan trail (I think) Just West of the railroad grade up from Gillett to Mountain, then up to and around Lakewood area. It was a great day and I had a blast riding 118 miles. Got lost. Found myself. Thank goodness for my GPS. :surprise

Attachments

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Yes they are. I rode up there on Thursday. There wasn't any water on the trails at all. I went on the Paul Bunyan trail (I think) Just West of the railroad grade up from Gillett to Mountain, then up to and around Lakewood area. It was a great day and I had a blast riding 118 miles. Got lost. Found myself. Thank goodness for my GPS. :surprise
Steve how are you liking the new tires/wheels so far?

Hi. They were free, so I love them! ?
The one ride so far went great on the railroad grade and roads. It handled great and didn't wander on the loose gravel. A lot less steering wheel feedback too. Now I have always riden on my luggy (1-1/8" lugs) Pitbull Rocker tires, so the ride is a lot smoother than those.
I will have to see how these go on the sandy & wet muddy trails.
They run a little small in size, only 26" tall @15#. At 32psi they were exactly 27" tall.
I could have gotten 28" tall tires, but they were 10" wide & I just wanted to stay @ 9" wide, so I could stay still right at 50" wide.

Sent from my XT1585 using RZRForums.net mobile app

The trails were pretty wet on Wednesday.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hey John. I can't make it out this weekend. :sad Hope you have a great time!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.