Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Dust in cab is horrible compared to XP Turbo

12K views 44 replies 22 participants last post by  benttrix 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a solution, it seems dust just swirls like a mini tornado inside cab. It’s equipped the same as the Xp turbo I’d had, flip up windshield and full rear window. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My Xp was not anywhere near as dusty inside.

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net

#2 ·
Does anyone have a solution, it seems dust just swirls like a mini tornado inside cab. It’s equipped the same as the Xp turbo I’d had, flip up windshield and full rear window. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My Xp was not anywhere near as dusty inside.

I am having the same issue. This is from a 3 hour ride BY MYSELF. The dust comes up from the floorboard area and behind the seats from what I can tell.
Motor vehicle Window Vehicle Automotive tire Tire

Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Window

#6 ·
I have Pro XP 4 - have both Polaris rear boxes (70 qt. and 23 qt. cooler) and spare tire carrier with 32" spare. That did not seem to make much difference over stock.

I put on half windshield and the amount to dust in the car went up 10 fold - took it off immediately - and huge drop in dust next day. When I got home I taped over all the floor drain holes, put in the rear blockers from Double Ott (link below - $49 on Amazon) and taped around the blockers to seal up best I could the rear wheel wells. All those things helped.

But no question adding 1/2 windshield created some kind of vortex that just sucked the dust into the rear of the car like no tomorrow - lucky here in S.Cal we really don't need a windshield weather wise.

link: https://www.amazon.com/Double-Ott-P...cphy=9031556&hvtargid=pla-1157849629090&psc=1

#7 ·
I have Pro XP 4 - have both Polaris rear boxes (70 qt. and 23 qt. cooler) and spare tire carrier with 32" spare. That did not seem to make much difference over stock.

I put on half windshield and the amount to dust in the car went up 10 fold - took it off immediately - and huge drop in dust next day. When I got home I taped over all the floor drain holes, put in the rear blockers from Double Ott (link below - $49 on Amazon) and taped around the blockers to seal up best I could the rear wheel wells. All those things helped.

But no question adding 1/2 windshield created some kind of vortex that just sucked the dust into the rear of the car like no tomorrow - lucky here in S.Cal we really don't need a windshield weather wise.

link: https://www.amazon.com/Double-Ott-P...cphy=9031556&hvtargid=pla-1157849629090&psc=1
Have you heard of anyone selling floor drain hole removable plugs? I wash my car regularly so I need the drain holes to let out the muddy water.

#11 ·
On my XPT.
Can’t say on a Pro.
Pool noodles and caulk some seams.
I have Pool noodles or pipe insulation stuffed up into the fenders against the firewalls and body. More for less mud filling up the holes on a muddy ride.
But maybe they will work on some of the dust holes also. That’s been a side benefit on my XPT.
Can’t even tell they are in there.
They Definitely keep a ton of mud from packing in these areas.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

#13 ·

All you need to do is fill the gap behind the passenger's seat. There is a gap between the firewall and the gas tank. This gap introduces dust from the rear tire into the passenger floor, from there is swirls. I used black metal tape used for HVAC duct work. Tape all around the filler neck and tape the gap. Put a flashlight on the rear passenger tire, shine it toward the cab. You will easily find the gap. Tape it until you don't see any light. The tape will be hidden by the seat when you put it back in. Do not tape the access firewall panel. The dust isn't coming from there, and it will make it a pain in the ass to service next time. If you want to test this theory, before you go on your next ride take a couple large beach towels. Wet them until they are sopping wet, so they mold tightly into place. Stuff them behind the passenger seat, filling the gap below and above the tank.

On another note, if you're running a rear window, the same amount of dust (a ton of it) is getting sucked into your air filter. You will want to remove the dead air space in the bed area by using some type of air deflector, or go with an S&B separator. Here's what I used on mine. There are several different types on the market. On A Quest To Run Front And Rear Window | Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net

The tape I used to seal the gap.
WOD AF-20A-B Black Matte Aluminum Foil Tape General Purpose Non Reflective Hot & Cold Shield Resistant - Good for HVAC, Air Ducts, Insulation, Metal Repair: 2 in. x 27 yds. (Pack of 1)

#18 ·
The rear of the Pro XP is higher than the XP. It creates a "larger swirl" in the rear of the machine while driving which ends up throwing up more dust and getting more in the cab. I did a bunch of modifications to my Pro XP and it was always way worse than my XPT.

#19 ·

The rear fender wells are open to the back of the cabin behind the seats. The rear wheels are like 2 big fans blowing dust in. I took some pieces of foam and sealed it up. Running a full windshield front and rear with very little dust in the cabin.

#21 ·
Proxp4 Full front and rear windows, roof, rear fender block offs, extended fender flares and the dust is so bad i might just have to sell it unless i can figure it out! A short ride by myself and were just covered in dust! Way worse then my old xpt or xp1k

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

#27 ·
Only people running windshields are seeing this issue.

#37 ·
my garage in the toy hauler is 155.5 in long , the car is 155 , pain in the ass to load , there is a trailer extension you can get , unbolt the rear door , bolt the extension on , re install the door , a friend just got one , cost about 8k , didnt want to go that way , im getting a pro not a pro r .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.