Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning a trip to Duck Creek Village the end of Aug. to go trail riding, with family, in the Dixie National Forest. We were there last year with a stock RZR LE and had no problems getting around, but we noticed that they were building narrow gates, in the area. This year we will be taking or RZR s, I guess my question is, will we still be able to get around on the trails, or is the S to wide? We already have our permit, but no map, they were out of them, anybody have a link to the maps for the Dixie National Forest? :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
We are planning a trip to Duck Creek Village the end of Aug. to go trail riding, with family, in the Dixie National Forest. We were there last year with a stock RZR LE and had no problems getting around, but we noticed that they were building narrow gates, in the area. This year we will be taking or RZR s, I guess my question is, will we still be able to get around on the trails, or is the S to wide? We already have our permit, but no map, they were out of them, anybody have a link to the maps for the Dixie National Forest? :)
There are a lot of trails in that area as you know. Most of them are not S compatable. Up around Moab yes that is S country. The town itself is not UTV or ATV friendly. They like jeeps and bicycles. Most RV parks will not let you ride in and out. You have to dry camp in the north west part of town, three or four miles out. If you can do that it is worth the effort. Southern Utah really likes us and have figured out we spend money. We help there economy but here again they have a lot of restricted trails. Go on line and look for piaute trails. There are a couple of thousand miles of them (trails) in that area. You can ride around Marysvale, they have some open trails that your S will go on.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The forest service, and BLM in Utah are busy updating their motorized vehicle plans, and most of the maps are no longer on line while the re-do the stuff. They still expect you to know where you can ride though, which can be difficult to do.

This info is from the latest Garfield county OHV map I could find last time I was down there riding in Early July. (They give the maps away for free so I don't think scanning it should be an issue.)

Dark red thin lines are OHV allowed
Bold Brighter Red is OHV primary route
The important thing for you is that the Red/yellow dashed trails are restricted to 50 inch or less.

This particular area has more 50 inch restrictions than most areas in Utah from what I've seen. Head a little east towards Bryce and most of the trails have no width restriction, head more towards Zion/Hurricane and you'll also find far less restrictions. While there are a fair number of restrictions right in the duck creek area, there is still an awful lot you can ride on. If you're willing to trailer for half an hour or so you'll find hundreds of miles of great riding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.