Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Looking good Markus! For those of you who don't know, Markus is in Germany doing some hardcore testing of some of new products. These springs are one of them!

Racer Tech is one of the only American companies building full machines and supplying products to racers of the GORM.

Here is our most recent build for Allrad Service Schneider:

Thanks!

·
eternal noobie
245 Posts
I've got the RacerTech dual rate coils with stock shocks on the rear of my RZR and they made a noticeable improvement over stock for rear handling. I didn't have the rear sway bar attached and cornering was very improved, with no perceivable effect in articulation in the rocks.

Still need upgraded shocks...just haven't bit on that expense yet :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks for the video! In the last clip I felt like I was watching the first mad max. Looks like an awesome place to ride!
How do the springs compare to stock? Less body roll? More control at speed? Did you get the heavy duty or regular?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They feels a little harder than the stock ones, in fast turnes you have more grip and wide open you forget the feel of the speed. In fast driven trails with some jumps the punches don´t hit your ass. :ride:

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Nice video Markus! For those who don't know, Pixel lives in Germany. He's got all kind of different riding places over there!

I guess I'm a little late chiming in here but to address what seems to be the biggest question I will just give you my half. I like the idea of progressive springs but I like dual-rate better. The first reason that comes to mind is there is adjustability with dual rate where there is none w/ progressive. We offer standard rates provided with our medium and heavy rate kits which we've determined, after a lot of testing, to be the best "average" combo's for two generalized groups of RZR S owners. After that, we also offer custom combinations we can custom tailor for you over the phone typically. With progressive springs, you get what you get. We are also offering a bit of an exchange program where if you decide you want something different out of your ride we can exchange your long springs for new ones for a much lower price than buying a whole new kit again and we give you 50% back for the old springs when you ship them back to us.

The other advantage with dual rate springs is when they shift rates it's a 100% positive engagement where with progressives the entire coil is always along for the ride. The advantage is the dual-rates can be a little more consistant in their handling characteristics. We've been getting a lot of feedback from customers saying our dual rate kits are substantially more stable than stock springs and even progressives while cornering.

The delrin spacers provided with the kits have different length I.D. shoulders on them which allows you to flip them over and "tune" the timing a little for when the secondary rate engages.

One last advantage I can thing of of the top of my head is the RZR S dual rate kits we sell now stack up to 14" long. This is a HUGE advantage over anything else out there. This helps the shock and everything about it's stroke and the springs life expectancy. The I.D. of the springs is very tight to the body due to this small of a spring size but everything seems to be working fine with this setup.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.