Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no need for a large storage box in the bed. That's where the refreshment chest goes, anyhow. I'm looking for something that will fit in the sides of the bed basically where the bed is slightly raised on each side of the 900 S. These would be for basic tools, extra belt, plug kit, small compressor, mini jump box, etc. Lockable would be ideal, but not necessarily required.

Is there such an animal out there? If not, has anyone come up with something that will work? My first thought was ammo cans but the ones I have on hand are too wide which would interfere with the ice chest. I would prefer they were longer, anyway. The more of that raised area of the bed on each side that I can use, the better.

Any and all suggestions / ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
91 Posts
You can attach any box that you want to the bed using 1" boat drain plugs from walmart. They are $3 each and you can just unclamp them and pull the box out when you want to remove it. I attached a picture of a plastic ammo box that I got from walmart in the location that you want. The total cost of the project was less than $15 and its extremely secure! The ammo box also remains 100% dry even while pressure washing. The boat drain plugs just slide perfectly into the existing bed holes and clamp very tight.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I picked up some small ammo cans from Harbor Freight for $5 a piece. Mounted two in the back of each RZR. I also added an additional one between the seats to act as a center console. They have an O-Ring seal so they're fairly weather tight.

I cant get a pic to attach, but it's their item #61451.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all! Ammo cans will probably work if that's my only option. But has anyone found something that utilizes more of the space available on the sides? And I'm guessing there is nothing commercially available that matches and will lock. Looks aren't that important to me but this is my wife's machine. I'm still not ready to give up my wheeler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts