Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So before I start for the life of me I don't know how I dropped the primary off my 2017 1000s. I am so pissed at myself. I installed a Heel Clicker clutch kit in my 1000s swapped out the weights and spring and turned to grab a rag accidentally hit the primary and it landed on the floor. It left a smush on the cover were the bolt head is and so I took a screwdriver to wiggle in between the bolt and the "smush". I couldn't get the socket on the head to tighten it up. All of a sudden POP the "smush" part actually broke off. I almost crapped myself. So the million dollar question is? Will this affect the clutch or should I get a new top or do I have to get a whole new clutch. Thanks everyone

Bill

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
To my knowledge the primary clutches are a balanced assembly, that is why Polaris only sells the complete assembly. So you cant buy just the top from Polaris. So the bad news is you are more than likely looking at buying a whole primary clutch.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'd run it without any hesitation.

Very small piece, try and weigh it. It will amount to virtually nothing.

If its that big of a deal, I know a few different people that balance clutches. I dont recall how much it is to balance, but I do know its much much less than a new clutch.

Some sled guys balance their clutches just because. Its not like they are balanced perfectly from Polaris.

·
Registered
849 Posts
BTW, what state you in?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd run it without any hesitation.

Very small piece, try and weigh it. It will amount to virtually nothing.

If its that big of a deal, I know a few different people that balance clutches. I dont recall how much it is to balance, but I do know its much much less than a new clutch.

Some sled guys balance their clutches just because. Its not like they are balanced perfectly from Polaris.
That is true I didn't think of that. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
555 Posts
You can buy parts. I always believed you couldn’t.
My dealer showed me his exploded parts sheet of a XP 1000 clutch and most of it was there.
They rebuilt my primary with bearing, buttons and a few misc parts they recommended. My clutch was howling at slow speed under load. This fixed it.
$160. I took them the clutch. Everything worked out great.
Perhaps you’d want to have it balanced afterwards in this case.

Check with a reputable dealer about individual parts for it.

The online guys were not showing the parts that the dealer was able to provide for this repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Jim
41 Posts
I would run with it. I would probably weigh the part that broke off then get a thin washer that weighs very close to the same and put the washer under the bolt with blue locktite

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Or just take a die grinder and notch all 5 other corners to match the broke 1.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts