Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need ur help. I got to replace the u joints in my shaft and I don't know how to remove the shaft from the body/frame of the rzr. I removed the roll pin and it's just laying there but I don't know how to remove the whole thing. Any ideas thx It's a 2010 rzr S

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
2 options. Remove the skid and pull it back and drop it out or remove front right axle and pull back to disengage and pull it out the front.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thx. I just got it out. Looks like my front did pinion seal is leaking now too and shaft had play. How hard is it to replace pinion bearing

·
Registered
37 Posts
Replacing the bearing(s) isn't too bad. You'll need the two bearings, plus a new seal. The generic bearing numbers are 16006 and 61906 for my '09.... not sure about your '10. I don't know of anyplace to get the seal except polaris, and then you get the whole kit for about fifty bucks. Maybe somebody else can help with a cross-ref seal. I think that with the prop shaft out of the way you can pull the four screws that hold the pinion flange on and the pinion assembly should come right out. You'll need to take the pinion to a shop and have the old bearings pulled and the new ones pressed on. The dealer did mine for the $$ of a half hour shop labor.... less than forty bucks. Grab a bottle of the front diff fluid while you're there.

Having said all of that... I'd drain the oil now, and IF there are any pieces of metal on the magnetic plug or drained oil, I'd order a complete bearing and seal kit for about a hundred bucks, pull the whole diff out (it isn't too hard, and there are how-to videos on youtube) and swap the pinion bearings AND the output hub bearings, as well as all three seals. Just to be sure. If your bearings have play, it's possible that chunks of them are floating around the diff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts