Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
I would toss in trash and buy a real belt from Hunterworks. They have a $20 off sale this Labor Day weekend. No, I'm not connected. They make really good belts.

Reactions: VelBlu1000XP

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would toss in trash and buy a real belt from Hunterworks. They have a $20 off sale this Labor Day weekend. No, I'm not connected. They make really good belts.

Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I looked at them awhile back before just going through amazon for the Gates belt. I sent a complaint to Gates customer service. I want a replacement.

I’ll get a hunter works in the meantime, probs.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
391 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I looked at them awhile back before just going through amazon for the Gates belt. I sent a complaint to Gates customer service. I want a replacement.

I’ll get a hunter works in the meantime, probs.

Seems the Amazon retailer would refund/replace. Get a different belt and then use the new gates for a backup. I just got a stock Polaris belt but next time might try the Hunter Works. Will see.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I put maybe 30hrs on it and properly broke it in. I even washed it in soap and let it dry before mounting it.

I've seen that twice with Gates.

It was caused by the belt being pulled too deep into the secondary.

Hunterworks has a spacer for the primary, highly recommend that spacer. This can happen with any belt, just more often with Gates because they are slightly shorter than stock.

One of the belts was mine, that I kept as a spare after putting 700 miles on it. It looked brand new. It didn't last 60 miles on my friends machine.

His machine has shredded 3 belts, one stock polaris and two gates. All the same thing. The ribbed area rubs the secondary because of over travel and causes massive heat build up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.