Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
I am trying to remove right rear drive axle. I give it a sharp pull
And it pulls apart inside at the transmission side!
Now I’m having trouble getting last piece out. It seems stuck .
Any suggestions please
use a flat pry bar between what remains of the cv shaft and the alum housing and work it out easily. pry evenly all the way around. also grab the cv shaft with vice grip pliers to pull on cv shaft while your prying.

·
Registered
309 Posts
You would have to use a pry bar and gently wedge it between the CV and diff while having another pair of hands tug the housing to pop it out. Another option if you have tools for welding is to weld a rod to where the axle broke if it is broken. You might need to purchase a new axle if the axle shaft is damaged. Otherwise you just need a c-clip to get things fixed. If you have any questions please DM us.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank guys!!
I’ll get at it again tomorrow (axle isn’t broken) I’m just checking everything out and greasing
everything good. I’ll try those things!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I will have to find me one of those tools, cause I have tried the pry bar and vise grips but no luck yet! I might try removing right axle though cause right now unit is up in the air on my hoist and the weight of tire, suspension, etc is on the right axle wondering if things are cocked a bit and it won’t come out! Thanks guys!!

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I used a 3 inch exhaust clamp and welded chain to each side and a slide hammer. Bunch of YouTube videos on how to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts