Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me stupid........and i couldn't find the owners manual. Went to change the oil and drained something else. 13mm plug in the center of the skid plate. Any idea what I drained?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Cant count the amount of times I have read about not sure what they just did to their RZR, locate the owners manual read it learn it, not sure about you but I cant afford to make mistakes like changing the wrong fluids or installing the wrong fluids in my RZR.

Now would be a good time to remove your skid plate so you can see what your doing while you have it off maybe paint the drain and fill caps and color them so you know what is what with the skid on, wish someone would have advised me to remove the skid plate for the first oil change makes learning the machine 100% easier removes all doubt, pictures you see in the owners/service manual then makes sense.

Manual also list all the correct fluids/amounts to use.

How many miles on your machine,, now might be a good time to change all your drive line fluids? At least change the front diff fluid (fast easy painless change) thing holds so little oil IMO it needs changed often considering the loads applied to the system.

·
Registered
171 Posts
you probably drained the tranny. BUT the tranny and transfer case are both 13mm plugs. The engine oil is an allen key I THINK. so if i were you i would look where you removed the first plug and there should be another 13mm plug very close to it. Drain that one too. Then you will want to fill both your transmission AND transfer case. Both in the same area but different fill ports. The reason i say this is that the service intervals are the same so you might as well do both at the same time. Since your this far into it might as well do the diffs. Hope i was some help to you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts