Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I discovered there is no drain in the cvt cover for my 2012 Rzr s 800 le, what is using or putting in the cover for a drain and be able to access it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
So I discovered there is no drain in the cvt cover for my 2012 Rzr s 800 le, what is using or putting in the cover for a drain and be able to access it?
I pulled mine off and drilled a 1/2 hole at the lowest point and put a boat type plug in it. I also put rtv sealant around the cover where the gasket is. I havent had any water intrusions again...

Here is the plug i used, west marine, bass pro shop and academy carry them.

2 Bailer 1/2 inch boat baitwell livewell drain plugs .5 in brass rubber test pr 013893521842 | eBay

·
Registered
706 Posts
Use a tire valve and take the valve stem out and screw cap back on and drain as needed.:ride:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I used a tire valve stem also..i had the covers off sealing the inner cover to where it bolts to engine and added a bolt in style valve stem to the lowest part of outer cover by primary and used di-electric grease inbetween the covers and i have let mine idle for 10min+ in seat deep water and its water tight now! :ride:

·
Registered
140 Posts
same here,,i used a tire valve stem
What size drill do you use for the stem install... Is it just a rubber base on the stem that snaps and seals into the outer clutch cover?
I dont know the size i had a stepped bit and i just drilled until it fit,i used the bolt in style so i dont have to worry about it ever popping out or anything!

·
Registered
459 Posts
iI can't believe they have not added on yet, That was like the first thin i did back in 2008. Is the CVT cover still a pain to make water tight?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts