Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '08 rzr with the dfr +4 kit and elka shocks. what spring rate should I be running for a good all around ride. Some jumping, some woops, some trails. Currently it has 150 lb springs on it, but it feels too soft. do you have recommendations on the spring rate so I don't have so spend money trying to figure it out? I would like to only have to buy one set of springs.

·
xc racer
1,293 Posts
I have an '08 rzr with the dfr +4 kit and elka shocks. what spring rate should I be running for a good all around ride. Some jumping, some woops, some trails. Currently it has 150 lb springs on it, but it feels too soft. do you have recommendations on the spring rate so I don't have so spend money trying to figure it out? I would like to only have to buy one set of springs.
If you get rid of those 150's I might be interested in a set.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you get rid of those 150's I might be interested in a set.
I'll keep you in mind if I get rid of them.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have the original +4 kit (not the Black Magic) and I am pretty sure the spring rates for the Fox Shocks were 200lb front and 300lb rear. I have a different setup then most and changed the rears to 400lb and had rears shocks revalved. Fronts are how thay came so I'm running 200lb (Front) and 400lb (Rear). I'm really happy with mine but keep in mind I have a rear seat and a heavy cage. What spring rates do you have in the rear? 150lb sounds pretty soft even for the front.

I would guess 200lb (front) and 300lb (rears) should be pretty good. If you want to be able to go pretty big (jumping) and not bottom out you might go 350lb in the rears. I'm no expert on shocks but I think if you go up more than 50lbs in spring rate you should have the shocks revalved.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Me and the guy's think you should be running a 300 in the front with that set-up. Your best bet is to check with the experts. Elka's number is 800-557-0552 they should be able to point you in the right direction and I can order for you if you would like. Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just bought the RZR about a month ago and it had the kit on it. The guy I bought it from didn't jump and liked going through the rough stuff so he set it up soft. I will give elka a call to see what they recommend. I haven't found any more markings on the springs that are on it except "made in China"...:sad:

I'll probably go up a bit on springs in the rear for sure. It bottomed out on a very small jump last weekend.

Thanks for the input guys.:icon_thumleft:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts