Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Doors: UTV Inc. or Pro Armor

4K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  LouDiamond 
#1 ·
I know doors are a hot topic right now and I am in the market for some to put on my new 2011 RZR S. I know I am going to get alot of opinions but that is what makes this forum so great.

#3 ·
I think you're going to get varying opinions on this... But, I have the Pro Armor, and like them. The UTV Inc doors are new enough that I doubt many people have had a chance to review them fully. That being said, UTV Inc makes very nice, and very durable products, and I'm sure they will be an equally durable product as the Pro Armor doors.

In the end, decide based on what looks the best for your application, and buy a set. You can't go wrong with either.

#7 ·
I have seen the pro armors not open when the RZR is on a hill or crooked, looks like UTV have a better latch system that may work when the RZR is crooked.
BTW I love ProArmor, have their nerf

#8 ·
In my opinion, it boils down to the latch. If my FUTV doors had better latches they would still be on my RZR as I think they are fantastic doors that don't add a lot of weight.

In comparing the two, Pro Armor and UTV Inc's doors both offer exceptional build quality in terms of materials and welds, so they are equal in that area. Where I think the UTV Inc doors beat everything on the market at the moment is their fantastic latch mechanism and the ability to remove the door in seconds without tools. Until you've had your door un-expectantly pop open while negotiating rough terrain or while hauling down the road at 70 mph, most people probably don't put much consideration into what type of latch their doors use. It seems most people are concerned more with how they look than anything else. So given the choice between two fantastic looking and built doors, I'd have to go with the UTV Inc doors based on their latch design.

#9 ·
I ride a number of different terrains and have never had a
problem with popping open or binding.

I latch/unlatch my doors all the time and it takes me approx 2 seconds.

Never plan on riding w/o my doors so they don't need to come off.

My vote is for the aluminum original, not the carbon steel 'copy' that hasn't even been on the market more than a few weeks.

#10 ·
I'm a little confused, but I'm happy with my Factory UTV doors, they have been on my RZR since July of 08. I get positive comments everywhere I go!

#18 ·
Weight of steel construction as opposed to aluminum and lack of netting. The latter actually is my biggest concern as I rarely would drive fully skinned if I didn't have to. The former is less of a concern as your tubing appears narrower.

The latch system, though, is pure gold. Looks like it will easily allow door flex as it will slide. Plus it avoids my fear--mis-drilling the holes.

I only wish folks local had them so I could see each.

#19 ·
I have a set of factory UTV doors on my 08 RZR but I hate the latching mechanism but love the doors. It has popped open several times. I really don't want this to happen on the '11 RZR S. I appreciate all of the input and I beleive I have narrrowed it down to the UTV doors.

#22 ·
First thing to come to my mind is the latch. That puts UTV INC first on my list. Both make wide, both make narrow. I really like the Pro Armor aluminum frame. Maybe the door frame won't take the punishment but I know the steel will. Skin is skin both aluminum.

As you can see, I pick UTV INC. for the latches!

#24 ·
I have Pro Armor doors now. I like them for the most part. They needed a bit of twisting and manipulating to fit decent from the start. I didn't like the way they attached and neither did they guy who built my cage so he changed the front and rear mounts as he was building my cage. The UTV inc doors would be on my RZR in a second if I didn't own what is already there and they hadn't been modified. Being modified I can't really sell them to just anyone because there would have to be brackets welded to the cage to get them on. The idea they are steel and the latch design are UTVs selling points for me. At least once a ride I have to grab my Pro Armor door and lift up on it to re-align it to the opening. The latches are bullet proof but are a hassle compared to just swinging the door shut. Last, the idea you can just lift them off is MONEY! Cleaning, hot weather, etc. I too would want to see a set up close but from the pics and the little video I'm close to sold.

#34 · (Edited)
Based off price I think its obvious... A full sized door with what appears to be a great latch, removable option, wide or 50" trail, and powdercoated for the same price as raw for $499... I don't see this from any other maker... Pro-Armor, iTi, DFR, etc. I am eager to see a set from a customer bolted up. The fact I can take them off makes it a huge selling point to me. Easier to get in and out after loaded in the trailer and cooler on the hot days when i just want to cruise around camp and won't be putting my foot to the floor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.