Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so I picked up a new 2019 RZR 570 EPS in July and have been slowly working on accessorizing it. After some research, I decided on SLP Doors. As I was trying to install them I discovered that they didn't fit because Polaris has changed the side roll bar during or after 2016 (from my understanding this is only for the "S" and "EPS" models). The same SLP doors fit just fine on my older 2012 570 and I have friends that have them on older EPS models.

After doing some more research, I also found that even the Polaris brand doors will NOT fit the EPS models from 2017 and newer, even though their website says that they are a fit. Read the reviews on the Polaris website, they have acknowledged this but only in the review comments. SLP has also acknowledged this now that I have sent them photos.

I am now told by me dealer that the Pro Armor doors are the only ones reported (to them) to fit the newer EPS units, but they don't seem really sure.

It also seems that with this change that the 570 EPS models are not really 50" because the new side roll bar looks like it adds width of about an inch or two each side. Despite this, they are still marketed as a 50" unit. Not something I care about but noting this for others who might care.

Does anyone have door recommendations for the newer (2017+) 570 EPS units? I don't want to buy another set until I can confirm fitment.

Thanks! -Wally

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
The 50" for trails and stuff only refer to the track width. If you have a tall 50" barrier, it could be a problem. Most gates I run into have at least 54 inches of width, but they enforce 50" machines, just gave you a bit of wiggle room to get in. My 2014 eps with slp doors measures 52 inches at the fenders. Doors are close to pushing out that far.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have a 2017 570 EPS and put these door on it https://www.superatv.com/polaris-rzr-door. The metal holds the cold very well...lol
Patrick
Thank you, Patrick. The SuperATV doors are one that I had my eye on but I wasn't sure if they would fit, so I am pleased to hear that they will work with the newer EPS units.

I am also looking at the UTV Giant Bearclaw V2 and the Pro-Armor. They are all a very similar design. The UTVGiant bearclaws are the most affordable at $350 for the set, so if I can confirm that they fit I will probably pull the trigger on those - otherwise the SuperATV doors will be my choice.

Wally

·
Vandal
676 Posts
We have a 2017 570 EPS and put these door on it https://www.superatv.com/polaris-rzr-door. The metal holds the cold very well...lol
Patrick
Thank you, Patrick. The SuperATV doors are one that I had my eye on but I wasn't sure if they would fit, so I am pleased to hear that they will work with the newer EPS units.

I am also looking at the UTV Giant Bearclaw V2 and the Pro-Armor. They are all a very similar design. The UTVGiant bearclaws are the most affordable at $350 for the set, so if I can confirm that they fit I will probably pull the trigger on those - otherwise the SuperATV doors will be my choice.

Wally
Wally, when you are talking about the side roll bars do you mean the bolsters? I have the V-2 utv giant doors on my 16 EPS and I had to remove the bolsters to make them fit. Easy as pie You don't want them on there anyway. A lot easier getting in and out without them

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have the same doors on my 2019 570 that were on my 2017 570 and my 800. They are from Trail Armor and are flat 50 inch doors, They seemed to fit the same on all three machines

·
Registered
33 Posts
This Forum is amazing. I have been searching for options in adding doors to my 2017 570. Based upon what I have read here and additional reviews I just ordered the UTV Giant Bear Claws for $349 {no tax or freight} {Happy Birthday to me}. Should have them early next week and I will get back here with pics {if I can get my computer to complete that task - having issues with the new Catalina operating system on the I-Mac}. All of the reviews I have seen point to a simpie, straight forward install {I hope}.

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wally, when you are talking about the side roll bars do you mean the bolsters? I have the V-2 utv giant doors on my 16 EPS and I had to remove the bolsters to make them fit. Easy as pie You don't want them on there anyway. A lot easier getting in and out without them
Vandal, yes the instructions on the SLP doors called the bolster a "side roll bar" so I had that in my brain. I am sure that they can be removed, but having laid a RZR on its side before, I really feel like bolsters are necessary side protection - so I am looking for a door solution that doesn't require removal of the bolsters.

I have the same doors on my 2019 570 that were on my 2017 570 and my 800. They are from Trail Armor and are flat 50 inch doors, They seemed to fit the same on all three machines
Hi Spud, I looked at their site and from the pictures they look like they require removal of the bolsters (aka "side roll bars").

This Forum is amazing. I have been searching for options in adding doors to my 2017 570. Based upon what I have read here and additional reviews I just ordered the UTV Giant Bear Claws for $349 {no tax or freight} {Happy Birthday to me}. Should have them early next week and I will get back here with pics {if I can get my computer to complete that task - having issues with the new Catalina operating system on the I-Mac}. All of the reviews I have seen point to a simpie, straight forward install {I hope}.
Capt Steve - Do you have the EPS model? From my understanding the design change in 2016/2017 was only related to the EPS model, not the base. If you can confirm then I will probably go this direction.

Bear Claw I love them
I hope they fit the later EPS model without removing the bolsters. $350 is dang good for a set of doors and they have great reviews. Thanks for chiming in!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wally,

Yep my 2017 is the EPS and I hope the Bear Claw's fit... Will find out this afternoon when they are delivered. I'll probably get to the install in the morning as we have a huge rainstorm roaring {getting 45 mph gusts right now with heavy rain} through southern Arizona for the rest of the day.

Steve

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wally,

Yep my 2017 is the EPS and I hope the Bear Claw's fit... Will find out this afternoon when they are delivered. I'll probably get to the install in the morning as we have a huge rainstorm roaring {getting 45 mph gusts right now with heavy rain} through southern Arizona for the rest of the day.

Steve
Cool, thanks! I ordered the bearclaws today.

wally

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just finished the BearClaw door install on my 2017 570 and am satisfied with the results. I do have about half an inch of misalignment along the top of the doors and the forward triangle of the frame but they latch/unlatch securely and are rock solid all the way around.

I'll try and post a couple of pics but have not had much luck lately...

If you disassemble everything on both sides as the instructions state you will likely have and issue with the A pillars on the dash separating and then the alignment of the door frames will be compromised. I recommend working on one side at a time. If they do start coming apart rebolt up one side and then run a ratchet strap between the pillars as this will keep everything in alignment while you bolt up the door frames.

A long extension for your socket wrench will help a lot as well

Pull the seatbelts out to max extension and loop them over the tops of the seats, then secure them with wire ties and you will buy yourself some extra working space. A rubber mallet will be your new best friend. A pair of channel locks to grip the top of the Torx bolts will enable you to overcome the lack of space beneath the seats when using the TX27 wrench on the Torx bolts that secure the inboard end of the Center Brackets - you can only get about an eighth of a turn at time but with patience they will come out and go back in securely.

I am very happy with the doors and a minor imperfection in the install will just remind me that I did not pay someone to do it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Are you over 50 inches with the bear claw doors? That was one of the reasons I went with trail armor they are strong and flat profile to keep width under 50 inches.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yep, the Bear Claw's add 2.5" a side at the widest point for a total of 55". I have no issues with this as it still fits in my 6 X 10' cargo trailer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It looks like you did have to remove the bolsters. Dang, mine shipped yesterday and I don't want that. Back to the drawing board...
Wally,

Removing the Bolsters is step one of the new install. What is you objection to taking them out? This was just about the easiest part of the install but... they warn you that if they stub out like mine {check the detail in the pics} it is easy but if they disappear beneath the chassis they are a serious PITA to remove. You lose nothing in terms of structural integrity by removing the bolsters as the door frame/assembly is very well made and probably just as strong if not stronger than the two bolsters.

Good luck.

Steve

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wally,

Removing the Bolsters is step one of the new install. What is you objection to taking them out? This was just about the easiest part of the install but... they warn you that if they stub out like mine {check the detail in the pics} it is easy but if they disappear beneath the chassis they are a serious PITA to remove. You lose nothing in terms of structural integrity by removing the bolsters as the door frame/assembly is very well made and probably just as strong if not stronger than the two bolsters.

Good luck.

Steve
My concerns are 100% for safety. Having rolled one of these, side protection has a special meaning to me. The doors alone are not enough for my comfort level. I think the superATV and Proarmor doors will work with the bolsters in place. As I mentioned before, the new wider bolsters make the unit wider than 50" from the factory, but I don't typically ride in places where this is strictly enforced, and I am keeping my old RZR 570 that is fully 50" compliant.

Wally.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts