Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of the accessories I ordered in July for my 2020 Pro XP finally came in. I started installing this weekend and found two issues. The Low Profile Rock Sliders (2883760-458) are not compatible with the new inner door close off panel (2884658). The inner door panels fit very well and have a rubber seal the routes the entire lower section of the door forming a seal around the lower part of the door, and truly close off the bottom and front door space. Once the rock slider is installed, the top rear part of the rock slider interferes with the rear, lower door panel rubber seal and actually prevent the door from opening. There is no relevant or simple modification to make it work.

Secondly, which I found already posted is the front high coverage bumper is not completely compatible with the front mounted camera, it blocks the the top camera view by about 30% (ie, essentially a black bar across the top 30% of the touch screen when in front camera view mode). I am not sure if the low profile bumper will have the same issue. I haven’t installed the rear high coverage bumper yet...hopefully no issue with the rear view camera. I’ll add to the post after I install the rear bumper.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Very interesting. According to @flying fish who has a similar setup of inner door Close off and low profile sliders they work good together. This makes me nervous as I really like what the inner close offs do but I also have the low profile sliders. Any adjustment to bring the entire door up alittle or rock sliders down? Even just a small amount to get them to clear?

·
Registered
436 Posts
All of the accessories I ordered in July for my 2020 Pro XP finally came in. I started installing this weekend and found two issues. The Low Profile Rock Sliders (2883760-458) are not compatible with the new inner door close off panel (2884658). The inner door panels fit very well and have a rubber seal the routes the entire lower section of the door forming a seal around the lower part of the door, and truly close off the bottom and front door space. Once the rock slider is installed, the top rear part of the rock slider interferes with the rear, lower door panel rubber seal and actually prevent the door from opening. There is no relevant or simple modification to make it work.

Secondly, which I found already posted is the front high coverage bumper is not completely compatible with the front mounted camera, it blocks the the top camera view by about 30% (ie, essentially a black bar across the top 30% of the touch screen when in front camera view mode). I am not sure if the low profile bumper will have the same issue. I haven’t installed the rear high coverage bumper yet...hopefully no issue with the rear view camera. I’ll add to the post after I install the rear bumper.
Pictures would be awesome to see

·
Registered
54 Posts

I have the front camera and its a waste of cash LOL takes forever to get to it, its fisheye so not that easy to judge distance...save your cash

·
Registered
54 Posts

Rear camera is clear just fine...

Front for reference

Im assuming these are not the closeouts you have? Cause i saw these work with both styles of slides...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the replies! Regarding he inner door panels, they were just released in Aug 2020. They are a complete inner panel unlike the close offs. Sorry I don’t have pics of the sliders installed, but here are pics of the inner door panels. You can see the exterior rear of the door panel exceeds the door itself that will prevent the door from opening when either rock slider is installed. On a good note, the inner door panel completely seals the door to the door jamb and rocker. You can see from the pics, there is no adjustment or modification without damaging the panel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the front camera and its a waste of cash LOL takes forever to get to it, its fisheye so not that easy to judge distance...save your cash
I agree on the image quality, but it does a god enough job for me to park in my shed with a 72” opening, or align on my trailer (to line up the recessed versatrac tie downs). I don’t think it would be useful trying to line up going through narrow bridges or trails up in ME. I could argue it was only a $99 accessory...or perhaps I should argue for that price it should have be included!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What winch did you use with the high coverage front bumper?
The Polaris Pro HD 4500# winch...which btw way was the easiest winch install I’ve ever done. Polaris definitely got that part right, I was very impressed on the pre-made harnesses and plug and play install.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thank you all for the replies! Regarding he inner door panels, they were just released in Aug 2020. They are a complete inner panel unlike the close offs. Sorry I don’t have pics of the sliders installed, but here are pics of the inner door panels. You can see the exterior rear of the door panel exceeds the door itself that will prevent the door from opening when either rock slider is installed. On a good note, the inner door panel completely seals the door to the door jamb and rocker. You can see from the pics, there is no adjustment or modification without damaging the panel.

View attachment 660115 View attachment 660116 View attachment 660117 View attachment 660118

Please check out this link. I was trying to copy paste the pictures from Flying Fish but he has what appears to be a black base model with black low profile rock sliders and the inner doors that work really good together. I am not sure what he did different.

·
Registered
436 Posts

View attachment 660115 View attachment 660116 View attachment 660117 View attachment 660118
I think I figured it out. these are not my photos, I apologize to the owner of the photos if I offend. The reason I am asking about this is because I am really wanting to do these door inserts but not if they don't work with the sliders. I am also asking because we have one thread saying they work, and one thread saying they don't hahah so just clarifying

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe he put sliders on first and then inserts second and the inserts stay over the slider that way?
Thanks a lot! I will recheck the fitment tomorrow, as that is the exact setup I have re: rock sliders and inner door panels...I might have to recant part of this post due to operator error!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
One more update (and apologies, no pics)...after careful dry fitment on the drivers side, the rear part of the inner door panel lower seal in fact clears the rock slider, because the rock slide sits flush on the plastic rocker panel. Not the case for the forward part of the rock slider, it sits about 1/8” above the plastic rocker panel, which interferes with the rubber seal of the inner door panel when opening/closing the door. It does work, but I can foresee the rubber seal getting worn out very quickly. After closer inspection during drivers side dry fit, the forward most mounting hole/tube on the frame did not perfectly line up with the square hole on the slider...it appears to be off by about 1/8”.

Now, here’s the kicker (pun intended!), I hadn’t dry fit the passenger side due to it being an issue on the driver‘s...but when I did, passenger side rock slider was a perfect fit!

·
Registered
436 Posts
One more update (and apologies, no pics)...after careful dry fitment on the drivers side, the rear part of the inner door panel lower seal in fact clears the rock slider, because the rock slide sits flush on the plastic rocker panel. Not the case for the forward part of the rock slider, it sits about 1/8” above the plastic rocker panel, which interferes with the rubber seal of the inner door panel when opening/closing the door. It does work, but I can foresee the rubber seal getting worn out very quickly. After closer inspection during drivers side dry fit, the forward most mounting hole/tube on the frame did not perfectly line up with the square hole on the slider...it appears to be off by about 1/8”.

Now, here’s the kicker (pun intended!), I hadn’t dry fit the passenger side due to it being an issue on the driver‘s...but when I did, passenger side rock slider was a perfect fit!
So the passenger side fit without hitting but the driver side hits?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts