Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy paddles for my XP 4. Everything I hear, blasters are the way to go. However, I'm having a hard time shelling the $ for the blasters. I'm interested to know if anyone is running the Doonz tires on thier XP. If so, how do you like them. Do they slide well? Do they hook up climing?

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
I just bought a pair for my 800 turbo and realy like them. I switched from Dunestars and the difference is night and day. Mine are 8 paddle tires and hook up great. No more getting stuck on top of dunes trying to take off.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I bought a set this summer no complaints. Like you said its hard to justify the price of the blasters .

·
Registered
948 Posts
They are great for normal duning and slide great. Where they lack compared to the Blasters and Skats are the hill shooting and drag racing. We have 2 XPs and my XP4 in my camp and we've all traded paddles, I have the Blasters and the two 2 seaters have the Doonz and Dunestars. The guy with the Dunestars just got some 9 paddle Skats and is way happier but the guy with the Doonz is sticking with them. I'll never get rid of my Blasters.

·
Registered
818 Posts
If u run them i suggest bead lock rims. Do not run stock rims. The rear tire will flex and rub on the inside. I damaged a tire by doing this. It ended up making 5 fist size bubbles in the side walls.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I liked them on my 800 and not my 900. The front digs well and the ass felt like it was going to come lose on me in the high speed turns. They served their purpose, and I have moved over to the skats after driving my brothers xp. Might be different on the 4 seater, could help having all the front end bit. You will need to run an off set rim.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am running Doonz from my S. They seem to work ok, but I will be upgrading to the Scats or Blasters the middle of this season.

·
Registered
630 Posts
If u run them i suggest bead lock rims. Do not run stock rims. The rear tire will flex and rub on the inside. I damaged a tire by doing this. It ended up making 5 fist size bubbles in the side walls.
Interesting. I had a set on my Commander (when I had one) and the same bubbling thing happened but I literally had them on for about an hour when I noticed it so took them off. I thought it was a MFG defect...

Anyway, I went with Skat's on the rear and the Doonz on the front and love it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Interesting. I had a set on my Commander (when I had one) and the same bubbling thing happened but I literally had them on for about an hour when I noticed it so took them off. I thought it was a MFG defect...

I've had my Doonz for almost 2 years and no issues with bubbling. I run them at 5-6psi and no problems at all.

Any issue with the Scats on the rear, 26" tire, and the Doonz on the front, 25.5" tire. I worry that if I run in 4wd, which i don't much, it may brake something.

·
Registered
818 Posts

I've had my Doonz for almost 2 years and no issues with bubbling. I run them at 5-6psi and no problems at all.

Any issue with the Scats on the rear, 26" tire, and the Doonz on the front, 25.5" tire. I worry that if I run in 4wd, which i don't much, it may brake something.
Are you running them with stock rims tho? You can run them with stock rims but require a spacer. I didnt run a spacer and trashed my rear tires. I have now moved to Hiper rims with skats.

In the sand running a 26 and a 25.5 front, the sand will let the tires slip and not have any harm to the 4X4. If it was on dirt or somewhere it gets more traction, then I woundnt run 4x4 causing it to bind up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I run the Doonz on the rear of my wifes Rhino and all around on my xp 900 and have no complaints or bubbleing issues. I don't jump much and check tire pressures often.My Rhino runs beadlocks in the rear because i run a pretty low tire pressure and it's heaver.The xp has DWT non beadlock wheels offset out to make it a little wider and have never lost a bead.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts