Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, it's true. I pulled on it and it broke. The wife and I went riding last Saturday with some forum members. I parked on a slight incline and while trying to get the F-N thing out of park I pulled the welds that hold the shifter bracket right out of the frame! Needless to say my day was done.
The next day I beat the damn thing back in place and re-welded it. I'm good to go now but be warned....this could happen to you! Don't pull on your thingy, it may break!!!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Mine also broke.. The weld that is. Broke in the same spot probably after about 6 months.. The way its welded it won't break again lol

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Shane.....You might want to consider purchasing a parking brake from one of our vendors.....Had you had one and used it, in all liklyhood this would not have happened, and you could have rode all day..........:ride:....Just a thought....

·
Administrator
50,384 Posts
Shane.....You might want to consider purchasing a parking brake from one of our vendors.....Had you had one and used it, in all liklyhood this would not have happened, and you could have rode all day..........:ride:....Just a thought....
Good point Gunny

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Mine did the same thing.
Its not too hard to shift it with the transmission linkage if it happens.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It normally isn't an issue, usually I'll just rock back and forth with a slight pull on the shifter and she'll pop right out of park. But, I had the wife riding with me that day...too much dead weight riding shotgun maybe??

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
.... I had the wife riding with me that day...too much dead weight riding shotgun maybe??

Oh, that'll score you some major points......

.....that's right, look over your shoulder....:scared2:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
It normally isn't an issue, usually I'll just rock back and forth with a slight pull on the shifter and she'll pop right out of park. But, I had the wife riding with me that day...too much dead weight riding shotgun maybe??

OOOOHH!:scared2: Say it aint so!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts