Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my wife’s RZR rebuilt and need help with her new filter. We installed the Donaldson Filter (Vent Stingy) what is the best process to connect it to the factory intake hood for air. Right now it points down and we do not need to snorkel it, but just get the air coming from the original location. Any pictures or shopping lists would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
The Beast
336 Posts
You should be able to rotate it around so that it points up. Then you can use a couple 1-1/2" rubber PVC couplers and a short piece of PVC pipe to join it to stock plenum. I just replaced an S&S Air Box with the Donaldson Air Box from D&L Machine, Inc.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
If you have a canister with a 3" inlet I found that RV sewer hose fits perfectly. Walmart -- only about $10 for 20 feet. Give some to your friends :)

Long enough to work with:

The oval cutout in the bottom of the hood will need to be re-shaped round and to prevent scrubbing a hole in the hose vinyl I used a piece of dense foam rubber, glued to the 'floor' of the hood.

In place:

·
Registered
81 Posts
snorkle the intake tube, go to kragen or autozone and get a reducer for turbo tubing and run a tube into the back of the bed for clean air.....Scott

·
Registered
279 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts