Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you maintain or clean the outer filter? Mine did not come with any instructions Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
966 Posts
just blow them off with low pressure air

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
I think you can blow some of the dust/dirt off and extend the life,,, but at some point you just need to replace it.
It probably depends on where you ride and how dusty it is.
Mine last a long time because I ride in clean Oregon sand most of the time, and there is very little dust.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When do you replace them? Is it when you start to see dirt on the inner filter orjust when it looks dirty?

·
Registered
82 Posts
On most filters you look through the inside and if you can not see any daylight through the filter then it needs replaced. that is how I was trained in the military at least.

You have to watch pressured air as it can open the filter up.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Are you guys using the Donaldson with an inner filter? If you have one can you post the model number of the housing?

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
871 Posts
I ordered a Donaldson a week ago from my local CAT dealer and picked it up yesterday.

Housing with a main filter is Donaldson P/N G070019, main filter is P/N P827653, and inner safety filter is P/N P829332. Total with a spare main filter was $128.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thanks I came up with a number of GO 70017 from looking at the charts on the net I will look up the GO70019 to see the specs on that one.

Mike

·
Registered
916 Posts
That "inner" filter is only meant to keep your intake from getting anything in the intake while changing the main air filter from what I have been told.
This is true. And yes the primary filter can be blown out but there is the risk of the air ruining the filter so you have to be careful. (dont blow out the secondary) As long as my filter in my UMP goes before it gets dirty and as cheap as they are I just replace it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The UMP I have has a Donaldson filter that is housed in tin, tapping it on the curb outside my house works really well. I would not use compressed air on any air filter. The high pressure air will blow the filtering fabric apart letting dirt by.

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
For 18 bucks CDN, I can buy a new Donaldson filter for my DFR intake...and this filter is probably twice the size of an UMP's filter. For piece of mind, I just replace it regularly whether it needs it or not.
Bill What number from which manufacturer do you order for the DF for $18, that sounds good?

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
I get it from Finning Cat Tractors (local in Victoria) and the filter number is P181054.
Yep Donaldson # and better price than from part store. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
I get it from Finning Cat Tractors (local in Victoria) and the filter number is P181054.
Yep Donaldson # and better price than from part store. Thanks
I bought my Donaldson with mount for my Rhuggy build at Ironman in Corona, CA. It cost me $127.00 or so and I picked up. Can't imagine shipping to be more than $20 or so anywhere in the country.

I rode three very dusty rides before I checked it the first time. When I looked through at the sun it seemed clean. When I blew it out from the inside out, barely any dust at all blew off. These filters are awesome! You can also cross reference on the AMSOIL site and get a NanoFiber filter replacement which is even better.:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts