Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there are several vendors out there that claim to make the best dust mask on the market, but what I find to be annoying is that mine tends to slip down on my nose a bit and not create a very good seal. I need one thats like a air mask for a fighter pilot, or something in that form, that will stay where it's supposed to and protect me from the elements. In know that when Im in surgery, that I'll put tape on my face mask and adhere it to the bridge of my nose so that it doesn't slip down and the tape blocks steam from going up into my eyes. Is this something that many of you do with your dust masks, or is there a dust mask out there that REALLY does what it claims to do and stays in place???

·
Addicted
3,658 Posts
I have used an N95 and N100 HEPA mask on the trail with great results. With your surgery comment, it sounds like you can get ahold of them easily enough.

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great info! Do u wear goggles with your mask?

NorCal Jr.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
I can only say that the Wolfsnout that both my wife and I use have worked flawlessly and are very comfortable. I do know that following the directions on where to wear the Wolfsnout and where to position the strap is critical to how well it stays in place. Following their recommendations we have been very happy with the Wolfsnout.

·
Addicted
3,658 Posts
I used to wear goggles but I fog them up too quickly so I just wear safety glasses and put up with it. I recently got a pair of "dust glasses" but have yet to try them out.

·
Can never have 2 much FUN
210 Posts
I can only say that the Wolfsnout that both my wife and I use have worked flawlessly and are very comfortable. I do know that following the directions on where to wear the Wolfsnout and where to position the strap is critical to how well it stays in place. Following their recommendations we have been very happy with the Wolfsnout.
Ditto on the Wolfsnout. Relatively comfortable (what can you say about something stuffed up against your nose?) and no problems with it staying in place. We wear them with goggles while we are driving the RZR, and under our helmets when we are on the quads.

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wolfsnout sounds like a well made product and popular as well. I'll pick one up and give it a try, thx for all the great feedback...

NorCal Jr.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Also a big fan of the wolfsnout.. And rumor has it they are making a liner for added protection. Might even be able to give a review on the liner if i ever make it home and get to use it.

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also a big fan of the wolfsnout.. And rumor has it they are making a liner for added protection. Might even be able to give a review on the liner if i ever make it home and get to use it.
Post a review, that would be great

NorCal Jr.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Im a firefighter and and had an extra one of these for riding.

Firefighting professionals shop for helmets, flashlights, boots, badges and shields at TheFireStore.com - Majestic: Ultra C6 Wildland Shroud with Vented Mouth Insert, Black

It works just fine.

I ended up going with this one because this is what I wear for wildland fires. yes, these will do so much more than stop dust and it may be over kill, but im not sucking in any dust, thats for sure. Plus I get these fairly cheap so the price isnt much of a factor.

Firefighting professionals shop for helmets, flashlights, boots, badges and shields at TheFireStore.com - Hot Shield Ultimate Bandanna, NFPA

Im sure there are several other options out there, but this is what I use and it works perfectly.

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's an interesting setup, could help keep you warm in cold weather as well as keep the elements out of your lungs.

Junior

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Indeed they do! I've been in the middle of some heavy smoke and these did an excellent job, if it wasn't for the mask I would of been I'm trouble. It's much better than running around with an SCBA or even an SCBA mask with a canister filter. Just so everyone knows, these things are not as hot as they look in the summer time. They do help block wind and stuff too.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Nice to see you on the board devil doc. I was fortunate enough to be a "witch doctor" in basic training. It was pretty gross but I learned a lot more first aid than I ever thought I would. Uh rah!

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice to see you on the board devil doc. I was fortunate enough to be a "witch doctor" in basic training. It was pretty gross but I learned a lot more first aid than I ever thought I would. Uh rah!
Oohrah! Back at ya....

Junior

·
Vendor
3,288 Posts
So there are several vendors out there that claim to make the best dust mask on the market, but what I find to be annoying is that mine tends to slip down on my nose a bit and not create a very good seal. I need one thats like a air mask for a fighter pilot, or something in that form, that will stay where it's supposed to and protect me from the elements. In know that when Im in surgery, that I'll put tape on my face mask and adhere it to the bridge of my nose so that it doesn't slip down and the tape blocks steam from going up into my eyes. Is this something that many of you do with your dust masks, or is there a dust mask out there that REALLY does what it claims to do and stays in place???
I use the Wolfsnout atv / utv dust mask and it never slips down, as long as you put the strap were advised. Probably because they were designed just for riding, and advanced through user feedback.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am a full time Paramedic and we had received a box of N95 style masks a year or so ago as a trial. Instead of the elastic straps to secure it, it had two way tape around the edge that you taped to your face.

They felt strange to me, pulled when you talked but I would assume they would do a good job at keeping dust out.

Might be something worth try if you can get your hands on some. I cant not remember the info on them but I will see if our chief remembers anything next time I see him.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts