Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
checking over my rzr today after the engine rebuild and had a loose intake rubber, tightened it up a bit and it flared out like this: (theres a little bit of a gap between it and the throttle body, im assuming it tightens up around the tb when the hose clamp is)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and does anyone know how long the back of the throttle body is? like how much room is there for the hose clamp to tighten to? its a 2011 tb if that helps

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
THE throttle body boot is not that expensive, compared to engine work, dont take the chance of getting dust in your motor, replace the boot. JMO
Frank

There is about an inch on both ends, plenty of room to make sure you get a tight fit with the clamp.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Molded-rubber components respond to mechanical stress (in this case, clamping) by undergoing what is called "plastic-deformation", or, more commonly, "stretching". If the material is left in that distorted condition for an extended period of time, exceeding what is called the "modulus of elasticity", cracks will begin to form and, ultimately, the material will separate (fail) along those lines of stress. When clamping such materials, there is a thin line between just enough clamping force and over-clamping. Since the later-model RZR's have a raised, annular sealing-ridge near the opening of the throttle-body, such over-clamping is not required to keep the connecting-tube sealed and firmly attached to the throttle-body.

I would suggest that you loosen the clamp a bit and, if the rubber connecting-tube doesn't immediately return to its normal, un-stressed shape, you might consider replacing it. My two-bits............

Cheers

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the information barRZR, i did just that and now it looks better, i loosened it right off and then tightening it with a screw driver insted of a wrench and it looks very similar to my brother in laws now so i think ill leave it. heres the pic:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts