Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 2010 RZR "S" with about 500 miles on it that is bone stock and wondering if it suffers from the filter intake problems of previous years? Is there something I should do to it or just the regular keep up on the filter maintenance? Also is there anything else particular to this year that I need to keep my eye on? I am hoping to eventually turn this one into a race RZR that I can do some WORCS series races in since I can't really afford a 900. I know it won't be competitive like the 900's but I would still have a blast even coming in last.. Any tips or tricks you can help me with would be appreciated..

·
Family, it's about time
1,503 Posts
Yes it does, although it doesn't seem to happen to all due to the better rubber boot. Make sure to check the connection From the air box boot to the throttle body. That's where they normally leak. My 2010 leaked there. Luckily i caught mine very early and no damage was done as have close to 3000 miles now. Best bet is to change it out for a better air box setup. They can be bought anywhere from $100-400. I think the opti-air is the least expensive option and it is a great setup for the price. It uses a Donaldson filter.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I did not have a issue with dust getting in. Make sure you use grease on any rubber seal areas, and make sure the boot is tight.

That said I got tired of checking to see if dust got thru and worrying about it so I upgraded the air cleaner at the time best option was the UMP works great for me as I never ride in water out here in the west. The UTV inc. system is very nice if your going to see some water as it is sealed at the cap.

I have over 3000 miles on 2010 S and it runs as good or better as it did when brand new.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a 2008 with 550 hrs, 6400 miles, with the stock air system. I check the clamps on my intake periodically, grease the connections when I change filters.

At 6000 miles, I pulled my engine because of a broken transmission mount that had to be repaired. I decided beings we had the motor out to do a top end overhaul. It was using about 1 pt of oil every 1000 miles, otherwise running fine.

We were surprised as to how good the inside the engine looked.....valves, seats, rings, sleeves, etc.

Most of my trail riding is done in AZ, last year it was exceptionally dusty. We usually run 2 to 3000 miles per season. At one time last year my RZR's filter was packed solid with dust when I checked and changed the filter.....yet had no dirt intrusion in the intake.

I think the RZR air intake system problems are very over blown.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts