Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! Sorry I've been posting so much but could not find a thread with a answer.

So I will be getting my cage painted when I finish it and I was going to get it done in the Polaris black for the cage and then the white lightning for the roof.

So does anybody know the paint code for a White Lightning XP 1000 or the Polaris black?

Edit: worst case scenario I will just tack the hood that has white decals witch is pretty close to the paint color and a part of the stock cage since it is bolted together and get them close to color match but I would much rather get the codes then have to bring every thing to them to get it close.

Thanks,
Austin

·
Registered
2009 rzr 800 converted to S width , WE shocks , 3 inch lift
516 Posts
If you can not find one a good automotive Paint store can do a color match with a machine. Been happy with 95% a few off because of sun fade.

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can not find one a good automotive Paint store can do a color match with a machine. Been happy with 95% a few off because of sun fade.
Do you think the powder counting place could get a close match?

·
Registered
2009 rzr 800 converted to S width , WE shocks , 3 inch lift
516 Posts
Wonder if you could get a paint match and then use it to get powder coat code.

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Wonder if you could get a paint match and then use it to get powder coat code.
I know DaGoat said that the Rust - Oleum satin black is close to the Polaris black but I don't know about the white but still those aren't the color code.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
That satin black is a close match, its what I use to touch ours up on the '13 and '19.
I'm sure there was a post in the past on color codes and different machines but my quick search I couldn't find it.
When I put our sliders on I painted the panels behind them white, not a perfect match but I wanted rattle can because of the area I thought it would require frequent touch ups but has been fine.
Try spraying a piece of scrap with a white then compare and then take the paint sample to a store that has a large selection and compare colors. Sometimes takes a few tries but you can find a close match.

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just contacted them to see if they have color samples there so I can see if I can find something close.

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got a response from them and they said that they have a wall of color chip samples for you to pick from.

So I think I will just take the hood that has a decal on it I don't care as much for the white cuz it is not up agents the white so that should not matter as much, And for the black I will unbolt a part of the stock (OEM) and see what I can find for a close color match.

Thanks for all the help guy's!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts