Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think the general consensus is any kind of shock or spring upgrade is way better than the stock ones. Progressive rate springs= my next upgrade. This is a cheaper upgrade that will make a night and day diff. from what I hear. Check out the progressive rate springs on Makin Trax Suspension UTV Shocks
Other than that if you have the money, some good suspension to look into afco suspension on that site or elkas. I am sure there are many more.

·
Registered
839 Posts
It doesn't matter what aftermarket they all will make a difference.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yes big difference....

·
Registered
211 Posts
I put Kings on my standard RZR. The ride was much improved-kind of like a marshmallow car. These are coming off because I am going to LT, more for stability in the dunes than ride comfort. Any upgrade will help ride.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
We have a 08 stock RZR with regular FOX PB's without the adjustments and they made a big difference. The next thing will probably be the Makin Trax springs and then a L/T kit if I can ever make up my mind which one.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've got Walker Evans on my 08 standard RZR. Full speed across the whoops without bottoming out. $1400 off ebay about a year ago.

·
Registered
559 Posts
if your on a budget get some radial tires first. Maxxis Razar 4speed are a good choice and probally as big a difference for ride handling and traction as you'll get for your money.

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
Yes! I put Makin Trax progressive springs on. improved greatly. Now I've ridden with superior shocks as well. I'm going with springs plus upgraded shocks originally from Makin Trax with reservoirs. spending 100s, then spending 100s more some over again is not the way to do it.

I would say, to make my point, for every $1 of the first $2000 you put in your RZR put $2 into your suspension.

It must be hard for someone selling suspension to tell us to spend more and be thought to be just pumping the sale up, Then have the customer come back shortly and say I need twice what you sold me! The ride gets better, the passenger is happier, but the driver opens up a new level of potential driving capability. Much More Fun!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Putting a good set of after market shocks on your Rzr is one of the few things you can do and immediately feel the difference. After market shocks are expensive plus they all need to be serviced at one time or another. Afco shocks from Makin' Trax are excellent. The MT2's with the progressive springs will give you a superior ride on a standard Rzr or for that matter any Rzr. Best of all Steve at Makin' Trax will stand behind his product and not for the first six months but for years after the purchase. I have had my Afco's MT2's for over two years and just recently Steve serviced my shocks. When I picked them up, I asked him how much for the service and his answer was " No charge, you are a customer and I do not charge my customers". How many companies would do that, my guess not many. :redrzr:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Absolutely, aftermarket equipment is generally better designed and built then factory. My stock shocks were dead before 1000mi and I needed something asap to get me back on the trail. I did alot of research on the web, including the RZR forum which is where I made my decision. Everyone said AFCO shocks were the best bang for the buck and after running them for the past year I have no complaints. They installed quickly, easily and I was back on the road. :ride: Like any piece of offroad equipment it eventually needs a rebuild, so 4000 mi later I contacted Steve. We discussed my needs, he made the valving changes, new oil, seals, gas and got them back to me in three days. The best part is there was no charge. He told me I stand behind my shocks 100%. There is no question about his loyalty to his customers from the service I just recieved. Thanks Steve, this ones for you bud. :beer3:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts