Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking at ordering a new 55 watt HID kit for my 2010 Polaris RZR and I am wondering, do I really require the wiring harness or will the lights work without it?
anyone out there have any advice?
and thanks.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Which kit??? I installed the 35W DDM Tuning kit and was able to use the stock harness, remove the plugs and replace with the ones in the kit and it worked great. There is a thread with outstanding pic/notes describing the process in meticulous, unambiguous detail. I'll try to find it and post a link to the thread.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
OK....scroll down to technical sticky threads at the bottom of forum page and the first sticky under Electrical has a how to on converting the connectors...Courtesy of the generous original post by BILINVC

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First, I am hoping to pick up a DDM tuning 55 watt kit (if in stock).
I have seen the above post regarging changing the harness connection on the lights, and it is a very good post but my question is in regards to the "additional wiring harness" that DDM, and most other vendors as well suggest purchasing due to the small gauge wiring that atv's and utv's use in order to maintain current from the battery directly.
Has anyone wired these 55 watt kits up without the "additional" harness? Will the lights flicker without it due to current draw or will the systems factory wiring be fine just as it is??

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I really can't respond with authority (I have the 35W set-up) but the amperage draw once at normal operating temp. (full bright) will be less than stock draw. However, they will pull more current for about 15-30 sec. at start-up. Go to the DDM HID thread currently active one page one of electrical topics and there are links to previous threads that likely have your answer. It's been about 2 years since my install but IIRC some with the 55W kit were using the stock harness to power the lights without problems. I don't think the kit was necessary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts