Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a set of dmc dual afterburner exhuast. Its the full system. Runs great, only pops every now and again on decel. I really would rather put the money towards pro armor doors but dont want the engine life to be cut short due to running lean. How do i tell if i need one? I have the stock air box, doesnt seem to get very dirty at all like some peoples i have seen. I will eventually end up with a vent racing box or ump, but for right now everything is stock minus the duals. Also, On a night ride the other night the headers were glowing pretty good. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Just a pipe probably doesn't change things as much as everybody hopes.

Without an air/fuel gage hard to say absolutely how your running. You could go by your plugs. Take it out for your normal riding then pull your plugs and see if your running lean.

I bet you won't need a fuel controller.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i dont personally see it changing much with just pipes, if i had a high flow airbox then yeah. We are gonna ride tonight. When i get done i will pull them and see. Its going back to the dealer for a tcase leak since day 1 so i'll have them gauge it also to see. I need doors and belly skids so i really hope i dont need a programmer. I just spent 6grand having a built tranny and turbo put in my truck, kinda money'd out.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not looking for speed. Its plenty fast(68 with me and a buddy around 470lbs, i let out bc it never hit the rev limiter and i dont want it to blow), havent been beat around here yet. I just dont wanna ruin the motor by running to lean. We are fixing to fire up our night ride, ill pull em tonight or tomarrow morning and see how they read. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.