Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, very new to this forum but having some trouble thought I'd give this a try. I have a 2013 rzr 4 800 and I recently put a DMC afterburner exhaust and DMC fuel programmer which I am having trouble with. The install seemed fairly simple but I cant seem to get the module to work. When I turn the key on after a few seconds I get flashing alternating lights on the left and right sides, but as soon as I start the engine I have zero lights. None of the mode buttons work nothing. As soon as I turn the key off I get the same flashing lights for about ten seconds. With the key on and the engine off the mode buttons work fine but nothing when the engine is running. Any help would be great thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Their instructions are incorrect on plugging in the programmer. Did you plug in all the leads? If I recall correctly a white, black, and red lead come off the programmer, and the instructions only guide you to plug in the red and black ones. If you look at the front side of the engine, in the center, at the top is a lead to plug the white one in. Please forgive me if I have the colors incorrect as it has been quite a while since I installed mine. I ran into the same issues you are by following their directions. I contacted both DMC and dobeck that makes the controller to let them know their directions are incorrect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. Their instructions aren't very good. I contacted dobeck and talked to their technical service guy and found out I have he wrong module. I have the on for 08-10. I guess Polaris changed there ignition in 2011. The new one is on its way hope it works better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts