1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2018 xpt
Current springs 200/300 front
200/250 back

swapping to 250/300 in the front to get some preload back

Back in the day when i bought my ST springs they didnt have that fancy question form, just give us what ya carry and what kinda riding do ya do, I also had stock tires

Which brings me to my current dilemma, I now have a a polaris front HD bumper with 4500 winch and heavy 32" STI 370's

Anyone have a idea what a guy should add for rebound shims to compensate for unsprung weight and the heavier spring?

· Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From the other thread..
Shock Therapy vs Schmidty Racing Dual rate springs Pro XP4

Checked mine finally. Fronts are at 7.5⁰ with a preload of 2.75" and the rears are at 11.5⁰
Ride height is 14.25" in the front and 15" in the back
Sitting on 32" Xtra 370's which measure true to 31"

Turns out I've been measuring ride height at the front of the A-arms instead of at the back as per ST instructions..oops. that's a 1 1/4" discrepancy

To get to 12.5⁰ in the front I have the ride height at 15.75" in front. One degree more than the back as it turns out which kinda lines up with the Mts suspension guideline.
Setting the axles to 15⁰ and 14⁰ would have the machine sitting pretty tall and I have alot of preload in my front shocks now, and it rides stiff. ST calls for a 2 1/4" preload in the front and I'm at 3 5/8" now.
15/14 degree settings are probably great for high speed desert or duning but i think that would be way to stiff for trail use.

New eibach upper springs should be here next week I hope and then I'm going to try experimenting with a bigger clamping shim in the rebound stack

· Registered
2014 XP 1000 on portals
695 Posts
Shock therapy sets them up to sit high, which yea if you’re jumping a dune you want those extra inches of compression available. But then look at most rock buggies, they run just about the opposite, they’ll sit with 2-3” of compression available. Sounds like you have the right idea, set it wherever you want.

· Registered
4,599 Posts
Ok now I'm hooked!!! Great another youtube channel to try and keep with!!! Lol!

• Haha
Reactions: Medi0gre
1 - 8 of 8 Posts