Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anybody help? just put a dirty dwag clutch kit on a weber, getting clutch creep on reverse and low box, with crunching when engaging gear from N, trying everything? but not getting anywhere with it, any ideas guys? Going round in circles here. Any body else had this problem, or is it normal to get these symptons?

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
sounds like your belt is grabbing for some reason... primary and secondary lined up???

primary bearing ok or is it sticking???

bushings in primary worn and sticking?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dirty dwag clutches don't have the bearing, loosened all engine mounts, and shuffled engine every posible way, still creeping, running out of ideas...

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
you must have the big clutch from DDP?

If so, I think the secondary can be adjusted to widen the sheaves at idle. That will change the belt deflection. If the belt deflection is too tight and there is no bearing on the primary the secondary will turn even though the primary is not engaged.

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
you must have the big clutch from DDP?

If so, I think the secondary can be adjusted to widen the sheaves at idle. That will change the belt deflection. If the belt deflection is too tight and there is no bearing on the primary the secondary will turn even though the primary is not engaged.
my thought also it sure sounds like thats what he got....well have to wait and see

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hi can anybody help? just put a dirty dwag clutch kit on a weber, getting clutch creep on reverse and low box, with crunching when engaging gear from N, trying everything? but not getting anywhere with it, any ideas guys? Going round in circles here. Any body else had this problem, or is it normal to get these symptons?
When I received my clutch from Dale, he sent a belt that was 1/2" to short - what belt number are you using?
Secondly, we ended up cutting about 3/16" off the end of the Weber crankshaft so the primary clutch would attach correctly and we could align the secondary clutch - after those 2 items were corrected I have had no more belt issues...Clutch/belt dose make noise just before stopping on deceleration thats suppose to be normal...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys been away playing with mud! Yep the clutches are the larger team one's, Belt number is carlisle ultimax3 138-4316u3?? I have been trying everything, even down to letting the engine float in it's mounting and then hands on move the engine through all posible axis points, with no real improvments, maybe the belt is to short? An extra 1/2" would maybe free the belt? Any body running the same belt number?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey bearfoot, thanks for the input about the crank on th weber being long, we got the secondary shimed out about 5/8", so we could take 1/2" off, but even with shims, it's as near to perfect elignment we can get, thinking either belt to short or pully faces to close?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hey guys been away playing with mud! Yep the clutches are the larger team one's, Belt number is carlisle ultimax3 138-4316u3?? I have been trying everything, even down to letting the engine float in it's mounting and then hands on move the engine through all posible axis points, with no real improvments, maybe the belt is to short? An extra 1/2" would maybe free the belt? Any body running the same belt number?
Using my not so good Internet skills - I found the specs for the 138-4316u3 drive belt as 43 7/16" long

I'm using a Yamaha Belt 8DN 17641-01-00 which is 44 32/64" long the cheaper belt is an HPX5009 (I carry these for spares)

I like Dale @ DD but this is the same thing he did to me, for some reason he doesn't realize the weber doesn't sit in the stock location and requires a longer drive belt???

My Weber Crankshaft had a bevel on the tip of it which would not allow the primary clutch to seat properly on the crankshaft (which would let the primary clutch spin on the crankshaft at high rpm's - side not: the clutch came off of BigMikes car for somewhat of the same issue) - We also had to install a "Black" primary spring

Last thing to be aware of, we found once we had the primary and secondary clutches in aline, the secondary clutch couldn't open completely, because it was hitting the back of the plastic belt cover, my belt cover (front & back) is now non-existent and I picked up 8 mph top end speed

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man that's good news! I'm not going mad!!! I will check the primary and make sure it's seating? as for the cover, that has not been made yet, so thanks for the heads up on that one! Got the black primary spring, and had a good starting point off dale as far as weights go... Gona order a new belt and suck, see? I will let you all know what the outcome is once fitted... Cheers guys!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still waiting air drop on new belt, however spoke to dale and he suggested altering the secondary clutch faces, which is done by the two 1/2" nuts onthe clutch face, now it's doing what it should, not creeping nor crunching, but now I'm on the next phase of problems, weight tuning, the unit sucks at present, not really going over 6k rpm, anybody got any weight figures? Running stock 26" Bighorns at about 1500ft ev. Thanks...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just had delivery of the new Yamaha Belt 8DN 17641-01-00, adjust clutch faces to suit, now front wheels are airborn! loads more acceleration, have not checked top end with the new longer belt, but with the slightly shorter belt, we were hitting 84mph, so this should loggically be higher, but 80 is fast enough in any sxs!
thanks Hav19 for your input, you know your stuff!
if anybody is intrested my clutch weight is now about 64gram..., 2gram on tip, 2 gram mid, rest on heel... take up is about 2.5k, flat out, just under limiter...

thanks guys!

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
it is amazing how some small changes to the clutch can make such a huge difference.
Glad you got it dialed in.
:ride:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts