Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Dirty Dawg Dale
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is your chance to get one of the best performing and most complete clutch kits available today. This is not a partial kit this is a complete kit that we are offering on sale for a limited time only. With this kit you will be able to tune for any engine mods, tire size, turbos, and any changing terrain conditions. This is the last and only clutch kit you will ever need. We have kits available for RZR, RZRS, and full size 500 and 700 rangers. Below you will find the pricing for your application.

08 RZR, 09 RZR [built before 9/30/08] 09 RZRS - comes with a secondary spring, multi angle helix, primary spring and adjustable weights set up for your application. This does require a spring tool to install secondary spring. Retail 378.00 DDP Sale Price 300.00

09 RZR [built after 10/01/08] Ranger 700 and 500 all years - comes with a roller secondary clutch, multi angle helix and secondary spring set up for your application. It will also include a primary spring and adjustable weights.
Retail 627.00 DDP Sale Price 500.00

We will assemble all secondary clutches and set up all adjustable weights per application.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected] or call 651-340-1129 Thanks Dale

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Do those prices include a severe duty clutch belt? I don't see the belt listed in your "comes with" list.
Thanks!

·
addicted
988 Posts
what belt do you recomend for your kit on a pre 10-1-08 rzr

·
Dirty Dawg Dale
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can run any belt. I usually run the stock belt or the 3211130 RZRS belt and when they are clutched properly you should not have any issues. If the machine has been slipping the belt, both your belt and clutch will have a short life. Also if your machine is not running the proper rpm it will lug the motor and this will build a lot of clutch heat which will destroy your belt and is hard on the clutch.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
what will i actually gain with the clutch kit ?Seems like in high my rpms are kinda high before it gets moving and I want the dang miss at wot gone. Tell me all about it.

·
King of crash!
31,883 Posts
ive had it with epi not a bad clutch just cant get any help with whats wrong with mine ive called done what they said and still no change talked to dale and im just going to start over with his set up...

·
xc racer
1,268 Posts
On a mild RZR where do we want the RPM's to go up to instantly when accelerating. Mine jumps to about 4600, quickly moves up to 5200, then slowly climbs to 6900. I was going to lower the weight in the middle to raise the rpm's closer to 5000 when accelerating. Does this sound right?

Scott Granger

Also the spacer was still in during this testing. Taking it out tonight.

·
Dirty Dawg Dale
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will try to answer all these questions in one post.

HiVoltageRazr- Sounds like you are hitting the rev limiter, with the clutch kit installed you will have more throttle response and super quick back shifting. The clutch kit puts more usable power to the ground and makes the machine way more fun to drive.

johnnycat8- I do have a kit available for the Rhino

Scott- Leave everything like it was and remove the clutch spacer this will change everything.

Anymore questions - keep them coming I will try to answer them........

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
What you Helix actually will do in the secondary clutch ? For what maximum weight you adj weight can be set up ? Is extra weights washers included with kit to make adjustment later on ?
It is even possible to set the clutch which will work in 60 - 70 % dunes riding and rest of trail riding, without always changing something ?
Otherwise you offer is great.
milos

·
Dirty Dawg Dale
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The helix helps load the motor and eliminate belt slipping or over revving.
We will set up the weights for you, and yes they will come with hardware to adjust all the way up to 90 grams.
Yes you can have one set up to work in a lot of different conditions.
If the conditions are totally different you will need to adjust for max performance.
Adjusting the weights are easy, basic hand tools required.

·
Premium Member
10,032 Posts
We will set up the weights for you, and yes they will come with hardware to adjust all the way up to 90 grams.
If the conditions are totally different you will need to adjust for max performance.

I've done it 50 times...at least..takes 20 min max..

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Ok if I understand rightly, if condition are totally different only weight need to be adjusted ? Springs don't need to be change ? If so it is not so bad. Actually even changing primary spring is not so bad, but secondary is PIA to do it on the road. IMHO
milos

·
Premium Member
10,032 Posts
Ok if I understand rightly, if condition are totally different only weight need to be adjusted ? Springs don't need to be change ? If so it is not so bad. Actually even changing primary spring is not so bad, but secondary is PIA to do it on the road. IMHO
milos
yep, that's it... just the weights...i'm getting a set of just base weights so i can have a set for the sand and the dirt. Some of you may be wondering why i just wouldnt buy fixed weights of 68 and 76...the answer is that those weights do not have enough base weight and too much tip weight...for my application.. Plus I'm planning on a tad more power and i can adjust without costing me more money...thx again dale at dirty dawg

1 - 20 of 216 Posts