Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a set of skat trak tires on craigslist for a smokin deal. The rears are 25x10x12 6 paddle extremes. The front are 27x10x12 mohawk (mudlights shaved down but they left the center knobs. Will this be an issue having 2 inch taller tire in the front. Will it cause any harm to the all wheel drive system. Thanks for any input

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
in soft sand it might not but on any hard surface it could break something the front and rear are geared together and spin at same rpm and a 2 in taller tire wont roll the same and will bind up untill something gives

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figure if I run it mostly in 2 wheel drive I should be ok. Does anyone have any experience with the 6 paddle extremes, I havent seen them offered by any vendors. Hopefully these tires will work ok. I just couldnt pass up the deal. I guess we will see in a few weeks, my rzrs first dune trip is halloween weekend.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Keep a extra Sprague with you if you use AWD. You'll need it. I had Worn 26" Terracross on the back and bought new 26.5" Pitbulls for the front and Bye Bye sprague. Luckily I had an extra with me.

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts
Well, as long as we are on the subject of different size front and rear tires binding up your drivetrain, lets go one step farther.

Many people make the mistake of using the size on the tire to match sand paddle tire size. All 26" sand tires are not created equally. One brand tire can be very different roll out compared to another brand with the same 26"size stamp on its sidewall.

Equal roll out is whats critical for no drive train binding.
That's one of the benefits of using a real Sand Tire Expert(FSS) to buy your tires from.
A good tire dealer measures roll outs before recommending tire combination's.

Measure tire roll out. Make sure it matches. Air pressure will change roll out somewhat.

If you want to get anal... you can fine tune your handling, minimize wandering/pulling on acceleration, by using fine adjustments in air pressure to match left to right roll out if they are not equal.

Get out your tape measure.:pint:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts