Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently smoked the factory belt on my 2010 RZR S and replaced it with a Dayco belt from an aftermarket supplier in the area. The belt were the same width and length, the only difference was that the grooves on the belt were smaller than the factory one off my bike. The belt that with the smaller grooves matches up to a friends RZR belt perfectly. It fit on my bike, but I took it on a ride this weekend and noticed it seemed to be slipping a little here and there. Now I'll admit we were in some pretty good mud and I'm on 31" Outlaws, but it doesn't seem like it should've been slipping at some points considering I had just installed the belt that morning.

Just wondering if the fact that they have bigger grooves on the S belt has anything to do with that, which I don't think it would. Maybe someone on here has a better understanding of it than I do.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I was told .... the groves are for heat

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
i am not a scientist, nor do i play one on tv, but seems in theory, if more belt surface touches the sheave, it would make sense that more belt touching is more grip gripping.?? i use the oem belt, i had bought a belt on ebay, that was supposed to be a severe duty epi belt, and that belt slips like heck!, i was on the rev limiter all the time, my old stock belt that has about 1400 or more miles on it was reinstalled and i was back in business! i believe that belt is too hard. i just ordered another oem belt.

·
Razin' cane....
27 Posts
i believe that the s belt is more thicker and will hold more weight and take off. I am getting a s belt to replace my stock and use it for a spare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts