Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What changes did Polaris make to the standard 800 engine to make it the 800s high output? I know that the exhaust header is different on the S's than the earlier 800's, but what else was changed or upgraded?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
According to the service manual engines, Trans ratios etc are the same on the 800 and 800 S, only difference is the exhaust .

·
Just kidding!
10,757 Posts
The standard engine is 10:1 and S is 11:1 different cam and exhaust. It only make sence the ECU is different since the fueling would change a bit.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I've wondered this as well... I heard the clutching was different too... I have neither, but ride with both and the S seems to be much faster and more powerful on hill climbs...

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
The only difference I can find is rev limit is slightly higher and tire size is slightly bigger on the S. I'm not sure about ECU mapping. I am trying to figure this out also, as I'd like to see the same approximate performance out of my 800LE.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I've wondered this as well... I heard the clutching was different too... I have neither, but ride with both and the S seems to be much faster and more powerful on hill climbs...
X 2. I was on a ride this last Saturday and the 2 Rzr S on that ride is what got me interested in the differences as I saw the same out of the S on the hill climbs . I do have a Holz clutch kit on the way and am looking at changing my wheels and stepping up in tire size.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had been looking at getting the rzr s cam and installing it during my rebuild. I just don't know if its worth it. Is the head the same design on both?

·
Registered
83 Posts
In 2011 the RZR std did receive the "S" engine or "800HO" whatever you wanna call it I think it also had a re-designed cylinder head for better flow and yeah I thik they got new ECU in 2011 also.

MANBEARPIG: Just my opinion but if I were doing a rebuild I'd go with aftermarket cam for more power but hey thats just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2011 RZR 800 Walker Evans edition. I need a cargo box for the rear. I see something I'm interested in but it says it's for the 800S. Is the rear deck on mine and the 800S the same dimensions?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts