Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if the cours changed on the forum. Mine are blue now instead red. Also the headers changed.

·
Have RZR...will travel
233 Posts
I don't like it! Keeps changing and gets worse each time!! Less user friendly, more adds, harder to navigate. Getting to big for its own good.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,157 Posts
Don't fear change lol, it's always inevitable... it's just different, I had been using the old, old layout forever, but they took that option away now. Once you browse around and click some buttons to figure things out, you get used to it..and it seems like less ads to me so far, but I never see the home page or forum list, just go directly to Active / New Topics all the time....I'm also a premium member, so that makes a difference in how many ads I see too I think.

·
Have RZR...will travel
233 Posts
I don't fear change! I don't like the new layout, period! I preferred the original layout with tabs to navigate. What happened to Gallery, search, and other options?! I have looked around and can't find several things including menus etc. Not wanting to spend time searching for what used to be right there!

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,157 Posts
I don't fear change! I don't like the new layout, period! I preferred the original layout with tabs to navigate. What happened to Gallery, search, and other options?! I have looked around and can't find several things including menus etc. Not wanting to spend time searching for what used to be right there!
Search is in the top middle of every page, the box that says "search community"
Advanced search is Here
Gallery is Here

Check this thread out: New Forum Layout Help, it's all still there, and you can ask that guy any questions you need

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,157 Posts
RWB713 your going to be busy for the next few days
Lol, I have to work at some point!

Can you help me out with fixing my avatar? It needs to be turned.
You'll have to open the file on your computer, then rotate it 90°, re save it, and re upload it from your profile page (which is Here)

·
Have RZR...will travel
233 Posts
Seems like the only members commenting are those that don't like it and are having trouble!! Take a poll of those members that have belonged for a year or more like or not like.
Adds appear in the middle of the thread as well as on side. Too cluttered! Signature doesn't show all, member info by avatar also shows less. NOT USER FRIENDLY!
Appears site is more interested in making money than serving members.....

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Liking navigation better after a little playing around personally so far. Also like the dark mode. Favorite thing so far and maybe I'm a dunce and you could do it with the old site but I can now direct attach pictures to PM's from computer without a web address attachment

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
How do I edit an existing post that I made?

I see that a post entered in the new style forum has an edit option.
Posts entered before today (old style forum) do not have the edit option.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,157 Posts
Liking navigation better after a little playing around personally so far. Also like the dark mode. Favorite thing so far and maybe I'm a dunce and you could do it with the old site but I can now direct attach pictures to PM's from computer without a web address attachment
The dark theme is excellent, I think it should be the default really, that bright white might scare a few people away lol.

It's different, it does seem a bit faster, which was the main idea behind the change, some small features are gone, a couple new ones added (most people don't even play with the site enough to notice some of them I'd bet), a lot of things are just "different", which is take it or leave it.... Personally I liked the forum and thread view of the old way better, but this one will grow on me in time....

One aspect I do think I like is how PM's are changed to "conversations". So you can have a PM with multiple people, basically a private thread, now....and you don't have to start a new message, or reply to an old one....which is nice if you talk to the same people on PM a lot or have long messages chains...you don't have to quote or delete quotes form replies, it all formats out just like a normal thread...seems like that may be a bit smoother in the long run, my PM box has a long list of messages in it, and sometimes if I need to go look at one, I can remember who I was talking to, but not which of the 25 messages I've sent them that what I'm looking for is in....so that might be better...at least in my opinion

The smallest thing I don't like so far...is that I can't format my signature to be centered or have color, my OCD gets hit on that one.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts