Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purched a new 2010 RZR s and have not even had it out in the dirt yet. Went to the offroad show for some accessories and got talked into a new Gibson Exaust. Did I just waste my money on this exaust:question:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Depends.. Did you buy it expecting to gain a bunch of Hp? Or did you expect it to quiet down your RZR. If yes then you wasted your money.. If you just wanted your RZR to sound different then the other million on the trails.. Then your fine..

·
Razorholic
1,705 Posts
Just purched a new 2010 RZR s and have not even had it out in the dirt yet. Went to the offroad show for some accessories and got talked into a new Gibson Exaust. Did I just waste my money on this exaust:question:
naaaa your just customizing , Gibson make a desent exhaust. It will sound bitchin.
you will pick up a few hp

its a win win

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
my exhaust purchase was not performance at all, just the super cool looks. your brand was considered since it looks great too, but i did go with another maker. dont loose sleep, something cool is coming. if you are like me, upon starting it the first time and hearing it you will forget about the $ amount instantly.
for me the entire cost was justified not having to look at the rusted ugly oem unit. and mine only had 26 hrs on it.....enjoy

·
Registered
87 Posts
About 4-5 months ago I was gonna put a new exhaust on my 06 Dodge 2500 Megacab Diesel and after doing some looking I ended up with a Gibson system. I have been very pleased with it on my truck so when I got my RzR S a couple of weeks ago I went to Gibson for their RzR kit. I'm waiting for it to come in anyday now! I don't think you wasted your money at all and I think you'll be very pleased with the quality of their stuff.

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
The name RZR came from RZ-R Debt!

You didn't waste your money, because of your purchase, some little poor kid in the exhaust sweat shop can afford to buy zapatos now!

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
I don't get why you think it was a waste? Do you feel for the money you spent you could have gotten higher priority stuff?
Myself and several others here have that exhaust. I would say most of us are happy with our choice.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
eBay it... If you are expecting to get major HP gains from it, you're going to be sorely disappointed. On the other hand, if you like more noise coming from your exhaust, and no real benefit, keep it. :rofl3:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
No it is not a waste of money if you want your ride to sound good,but if you think it is a waste then it is a waste.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
It all depends what a couple hp is worth to ya. I personally have never been impressed with the dyno #'s of pipes in regards to their price. I do like the sound of a couple I have heard and that to me seems to be why most people go with a nice pipe.

·
Ridin' above 10,000 ft!
4,850 Posts
The average gain on a Gibson exhaust is about 1.8 HP. That was from an independent study I saw a long time ago on an 08 RZR. Several pipes were tested.
I'd say look and sound is your best benefit.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It all depends what a couple hp is worth to ya. I personally have never been impressed with the dyno #'s of pipes in regards to their price. I do like the sound of a couple I have heard and that to me seems to be why most people go with a nice pipe.
Which couple sounded good to you? Thanks

Scoddee

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I like the LTE 2 into 1 the most and I also like the 2 Brothers triple... that LTE 2 into 1 on a RZR sounds like a throaty V8 rather than pissed off bees. The Gibson above has a nice deep tone too.

·
Registered
194 Posts
No - A least your brother-in-law will not get that money

1 - 20 of 22 Posts