Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To start off, this in not to trash anyone, simply would like to voice the experience i have recently had with your company..

I have heard nothing but great things about DRF and your products. Everyone says that the customer service in TOP-NOTCH! I purchased the HiBoy doors for my XP 900 2 seater last week. Upon opening the box, the Passanger door would not latch, it kept hitting the metal tubing (as if either the hinge wasnt mounted correctly or the tubing wasnt bent correctly). The doors has a pretty bad scratch on it near the rear end of the door as if it had been dropped. I called DFR, i was told that i needed to mount the doors to the RZR because it may straighten them out. Well, i mounted the doors and the door still hits the metal tubing. I could get the door to latch if i lifted up slightly on the door. I took my wife on a quick trail around the house and what would you know, the door flew WIDE OPEN at 50mph! It broke the limiter strap and slapped against the rzr bed. After relocking the door and LOCKING it, we returned home. The latches are rattling and making noise and seem extremely flimsy and loose! Now, before this, i have heard nothing but GREAT reviews of these doors...so i figured i would give DFR another call to see if we could exchange these doors for a new set as this set clearly has issues! Called DFR and spoke to Kevin, after explaining what has happened, he directed me to call Nick. Talked to nick and he explained he can show me how to correctly install these doors (as if im a freaking idiot and these issues are my fault). I called Kevin back to disguss an exchange of doors and he proceeded to ask me if i had CALLED FEDEX to open an insurance claim LOL! Now i live 20 miles away from DFR, it was on the fedex truck for all of 8 hrs, the box was perfect....yet its FEDEX's fault?? The wrapping of these doors were pefectly intact, i still have everything. After telling Kevin this, he told me he would discuss with the "higher ups" to see what they can do. Today i give you guys a call, Kevin acted like he barely knew what i was talking about and he proceeded to tell me how he recalls me installing the doors incorrectly? I mean for a company that has such great reviews im astonished on what is going on. He told me to contact the original dealer of the doors (which is in Oregon) because its "his Issue". Now these doors get "Drop shipped", i live 20 mins away from DFR and im being directed to go back to the dealer (which has NOTHING to do with how these doors have been messed up) and deal with him? ARE YOU GUYS EFFING KIDDING ME!!! for paying a WOPPING $720 for some doors, the condition they were in, and getting this kind of customer service???? COME ON! You guys can do better than this!

Gotta say guys, so far im not impressed....
I expect an email asap to make this right please.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have dealt with DFR and gone directly to their shop since they are close. I have to admit, your story is a bit of a shocker. I was very happy with them.

The one issue that is a bit of a stickler for me. Why would you install the doors if they were defective out of the box? Upon opening the box, the Passanger door would not latch, it kept hitting the metal tubing and The doors has a pretty bad scratch on it near the rear end of the door as if it had been dropped

If I received a box of damaged doors, I would never have installed them. They would have gone right back to where they came from. I am no expert, but after you have mounted and used them, I am guessing it makes them harder to return. Good luck

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was instructed to install them by DFR, they said that each rzr has a 1 inch variance between frames due to flex and that it may straighten the door out and latch correctly at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I apologize you had a bad experience I have forwarded this information along to our sales manager Megan. She should be contacting you shortly.

Thanks,
Chris.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I apologize you had a bad experience I have forwarded this information along to our sales manager Megan. She should be contacting you shortly.

Thanks,
Chris.

I just got off the phone with her, we are going to see if we can work something out. I appreciate the quick response

·
RZR Rookie
154 Posts
I have a similar problem with the passenger door on mine. My machine was brand new when I installed them. Only went on a 40 mile break in ride. the door will not latch without slamming very hard. There is no more adjustment that I can make to make it work any better either. Not excited about it. The way I feel is similar about spending the money I did on these doors. I also bought the front gusset kit for the a arms. That also was not square to my machine. It seems that it was not built correctly. I was also not impressed about how they just threw all the nuts, bolts, and washers into a box with the braces without a bag or something to hold them together. Pretty unprofessional. I don't understand their engineering how they leave gaps in between the stock a arms mounts either. Seemed weird. I am going to by another brands brace because I am not happy with it. At the same time I bought their 4 point harnesses. I do like those but they are just the same as other companies. I am not happy with my experience with DFR and won't buy anything from them or won't suggest them to anyone. :doubt:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a similar problem with the passenger door on mine. My machine was brand new when I installed them. Only went on a 40 mile break in ride. the door will not latch without slamming very hard. There is no more adjustment that I can make to make it work any better either. Not excited about it. The way I feel is similar about spending the money I did on these doors. I also bought the front gusset kit for the a arms. That also was not square to my machine. It seems that it was not built correctly. I was also not impressed about how they just threw all the nuts, bolts, and washers into a box with the braces without a bag or something to hold them together. Pretty unprofessional. I don't understand their engineering how they leave gaps in between the stock a arms mounts either. Seemed weird. I am going to by another brands brace because I am not happy with it. At the same time I bought their 4 point harnesses. I do like those but they are just the same as other companies. I am not happy with my experience with DFR and won't buy anything from them or won't suggest them to anyone. :doubt:

Well after talking to a rep, she says basically there is "no possible way" that my doors weren't aligned or bent correctly because they make mass production or whatever term she used. Well I'm here to tell you... There is a way! Wouldn't have this cust service issue with Utv inc that's for sure... No questions asked over there

·
RZR Rookie
154 Posts
Mine latch but, the slam latch is just that. If I were to buy doors again they would be UTV INC all day long. They only reason I went with DFR was for the lock. Pretty bummed but I have a few ideas to make it work better. Another thing too is that after I started installing mine my passenger door the latch itself was bent. I had to take it off and straighten it before I even installed it.

If you think that their doors are bad do not even think about their a arm gusset. I was hoping that it was just me but, I am sort of glad I hear that it's not, as bad as that is. Good luck. I hope they make it right for you.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hello Mike and Kris,

I wanted to contact you direct to first apologies that you have experienced an issue with your DragonFire purchase.

Mike - Reference the Gusset Kit. I spoke with our R&D department and they engineered the Gusset Kit to incorporate a “gap” to allow for installation. Without the spacers that are provided in the hardware kit, the kit would be next to impossible to install or uninstall. If you would allow me the opportunity to discuss this and your doors further I would appreciate it. This is the first I have heard of your issue.

Kris - Thank you for sending me the photos of your doors. I am going to review them with our engineers and tech this morning. You will hear from me later today.

My direct email is [email protected] and my direct line is 1-800-708-9803 X208.

Best Regards,
Megan Dible
Sales & Office Manager

·
RZR Rookie
154 Posts
Hello Mike and Kris,

I wanted to contact you direct to first apologies that you have experienced an issue with your DragonFire purchase.

Mike - Reference the Gusset Kit. I spoke with our R&D department and they engineered the Gusset Kit to incorporate a “gap” to allow for installation. Without the spacers that are provided in the hardware kit, the kit would be next to impossible to install or uninstall. If you would allow me the opportunity to discuss this and your doors further I would appreciate it. This is the first I have heard of your issue.

Kris - Thank you for sending me the photos of your doors. I am going to review them with our engineers and tech this morning. You will hear from me later today.

My direct email is [email protected] and my direct line is 1-800-708-9803 X208.

Best Regards,
Megan Dible
Sales & Office Manager
That gap is also making your brace weaker and eventually allowing the bolt hole to potentially become worse and wear faster in my opinion. I also did not see any spacers in your hardware kit. They would be very easy to loose with a single piece of tape over the box, packing peanuts, and loose hardware in the box I guess too. Pretty disappointing. The brace is tweeked anyway. nothing was very square. Had to pry the plate to make it fit. I will be calling as soon as I can. I was going to anyway after installing my gusset kit but saw this post and figured I would say something.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update:

Nick from dragonfire came out with new doors today. I'll be honest, I wasn't very pleased with this whole problem initially (as you can read), but I was very Impressed with nick. Good guy. I'm happy this problem was taken care of and appreciate the quick responses.

Visi- I'm sure DFR will take care of you, keep us updated.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts