Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of DFR belts about a month ago and have been very happy with them other than the fact that they do not slide through the adjuster when you pull on the loose end. The only way to adjust mine is to thread the slack through the metal adjuster and then pull it out with the loose end. Is there any way to solve this problem? I have had several brands of harnesses in the past and these are by far the most difficult to adjust.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
I've tried a lot of belts as well...Simpson seems to have some of the best hardware for that issue.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
I thought all the race type belts sucked to adjust. I've had a few and they have all been about the same.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the nylon on the simpson harnesses is a finer weave that allows it to slide better. I just wish the simpsons had the same padding and sternum clip the DFR's did.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
They are made for safety and durability...and thats #1, I dont ever adjust mine, once set Im gtg..if I change passenger, it takes a few minutes and I fix it... Are we as a people seem so impatient (and im not attacking or meaning you) that it is "annoying" to spend a few moments adjusting straps...Its really not a big deal at all...If it is #1 on your issues list and you cant stand it I would recomend going with the new 2011 style RAZR 3 points...they are fine for those who just cant hang with the strap adjustments... I want to make it clear that Im not being "sarcastic" or trying to be "offensive" but after seeing the complaints and "suggestions" that should have been done to my ride at the show..Im a bit upset...
example: " I dont know why that guy went with this color scheme and put the vendors advertisments on the plastics...If I had a job , I would've painted it with actual stripes and never advertise for some-else" as he walks off writing down "power Commander, Fullbore, and RZRForums.net!? I just dont understand the mind set?? These are the same people that are going "come on, come on..my hot pockets taking 60 secs..cant they make one that will do it in 30??"

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Michael, I appreciate the response...
I have to adjust the belts every time my wife wants to drive at the dunes and every time a different passanger wants to ride with me. Not a big deal but it is a hassel which I would bring up in hopes of someone responding with a solution rather than bashing. If the belts were easier to adjust, chances are when a passanger does ride with me the belts will be adjusted to fit them rather than just going with what the last person had them adjusted to.

·
The Counselor
117 Posts
I had the same issue with my Crows, so I removed those little wire "springs" on each of the clasps. Problem solved, and as far as I can tell it doesn't affect the security - still tightens up nicely and stays tight, but it's much easier to adjust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts