Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XP4 Turbo
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Destroyed my steering rack on my 2021 xp4 turbo. Every dealership I’ve talked to said they’ve never seen one break how mine did and the shitty thing is I was only going about 10mph in a turn when it snapped.. has anyone seen this break before?
Also Tie rods were not damaged just the gear box somehow.Should I try my luck with warranty or would I be waisting my time/ Can I replace just the part that broke or do I need to get an entire gear box?

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
You will need a new rack for sure , and it comes with tie rods .
I would definitely push the dealer and Polaris on this ...it looks like a very strange spot for it to break ...IMO
I'm not an expert on it

Reactions: DaGoat

·
Registered
2021 XP4 Turbo
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They don’t make an aftermarket rack for the 21s soo it’s $509 bucks just for the rack with no rods. Ima bring it into the dealership and try my luck.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Do you have a lift on your rzr? Because I’ve seen a lot of racks screwed up because of lifts.

·
Registered
2021 XP4 Turbo
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Normally the tie-rod will break, unusual breakage. What did you hit?
I figured that the tie rods should have broke or bent before the rack snapped. But I didn’t hit anything this all happened taking a turn

·
Registered
2021 XP4 Turbo
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like a warranty item. The Polaris racks are weak and this one looks like it was weaker than most.
That’s what everyone else is telling that this shouldn’t have happened. Hopefully Polaris mans up and warranty’s the part. Everyone I’ve asked said this will be a hard part to get warranty though

·
Super Moderator
6,125 Posts
That’s what everyone else is telling that this shouldn’t have happened. Hopefully Polaris mans up and warranty’s the part. Everyone I’ve asked said this will be a hard part to get warranty though
Cut and dry, they will warranty it.

·
Registered
2021 XP4 Turbo
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Absolutely, it usually depends on the dealer and how they submit the warranty.
Well hopefully I pick the right dealership haha. Any questions I should ask to see if they know what they are doing? Sorry for all the questions I just don’t want to get screwed over on a 600 dollar part

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP aka: The Bomb
543 Posts
I think you will be fine. That has to be a defective part. The amount of shock that it would take to snap that steel, if you caused it there would be a list of other things damaged.

The force has to transfer through other parts before it gets there.

if your wheel and tie rod end are not bent, then you are good.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
. . . and the shitty thing is I was only going about 10mph in a turn when it snapped . . .
I would consider that fortunate. . . think about diving into a corner at 45

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
Looking at the picture again ...it looks like when Polaris drilled the hole in the end of the rack shaft they went too deep .
The top of the hole is breaking out into the bottom of the of the gear recess (see my arrow)
This would obviously cause the weak point right where it broke. I would make sure your dealer explains this to Polaris
download.jpg

Reactions: Medi0gre

·
Registered
2021 XP4 Turbo
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think you will be fine. That has to be a defective part. The amount of shock that it would take to snap that steel, if you caused it there would be a list of other things damaged.

The force has to transfer through other parts before it gets there.

if your wheel and tie rod end are not bent, then you are good.
It has to be. Hopefully Polaris does the right thing

1 - 20 of 44 Posts