Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Recently purchased a 2019 trails and rocks edition. Long story short when I got there the dealer didn’t know it came with a front bumper so they did somethings in the computer and were able to give me the new desert edition front bumper instead. Which I’m stoked about. Problem is the front skid plate actually bends up alittle in the front end and the bumper hits that as well as the fair lead on the winch is a different one not allowing the back plate of the bumper to be installed on it. I’ll get pictures soon but does anyone have experience installing a different bumper on one of these the shop guys couldn’t even figure it out while we were there. Do you guys typically cut the skid plate in the front? Thank you for your time. I’m loving it so far hoping to take it out tomorrow but without the bumper for now

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wonder if you have the wrong bumper for the machine. I installed a Polaris bumper and it was so simple on a 18 XPT 1000 Dynamix.
In their computer it said it should fit the 2019 xp1000 trails and rocks and on Polaris website says it should fit

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wonder if you have the wrong bumper for the machine. I installed a Polaris bumper and it was so simple on a 18 XPT 1000 Dynamix.
Wrong bumper like how? Like an older model bumper? I just didn’t know I had to cut the hmw skid plate and the bolts on the upper part near the winch don’t line up. I could call back and ask but of course the dealer through the box away so I have no way of seeing if it’s the wrong one

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Some thing is wrong with the bumper. Mine almost installed itself. Everything lined up. Could be old stock or boxed wrong. Ask dealer if they have another and return it for not fitting.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
If it is the correct bumper, the vertical braces sort of follow the fangs and there will be a loop over the center that goes hood high. The older bumper is completely different looks wise.

The front skid will probably not fit the new bumper. It's made for the bull bumper. The winch mount for use with the bull bumper may be your problem. Not sure?? Since the dealer is clearly at fault, have them contact Polaris and see what they need to do to make the desert bumper fit.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it is the correct bumper, the vertical braces sort of follow the fangs and there will be a loop over the center that goes hood high. The older bumper is completely different looks wise.

The front skid will probably not fit the new bumper. It's made for the bull bumper. The winch mount for use with the bull bumper may be your problem. Not sure?? Since the dealer is clearly at fault, have them contact Polaris and see what they need to do to make the desert bumper fit.
From what I can tell it is the winch that is the problem. The front plate is not allowing the bumper to sit right or line up. Was told there is two different types of mounts but no one of course carries it or just throws the second one away when they get the winch.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
The ‘19 has fangs and a completely different front end. Doesn’t look anything like a 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The ‘19 has fangs and a completely different front end. Doesn’t look anything like a 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
Well the Polaris website says that bumper will fit the 2019 rzr trails and rocks. When it asks for vehicle fitment. So unless the dealer gave me an older bumper. But by the looks of it it’s the newest bumper

1 - 15 of 15 Posts