Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got towed in, looks like I had run out of fuel? dumb yeh! But gauge was reading 1 bar, so looking in tank, empty?? So thought weird. So took scid plate off, and noticed a dent in the bottom of the fuel tank, it looked like factory strengthening in the moulding, but never noticed it before??? Its about 4"long x 2"wide about 1 1/2" deep??? Just under were the gauge arm would be??? Has anybody else seen this on there's... Thinking it's pushed up and restricting my gauge arm in the tank... any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
578 Posts
we can always use pics. the description isn't enough.

·
Just kidding!
10,725 Posts
A long time ago a guy was posting about a tank that was pushed in at the bottom and he couldnt get fuel in it.I dont know how it happened.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep will get a couple up, but not by the rzr now... It looks factory, very obvious, just right from the plumb line of the fuel cap, on the underside.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeh, hear that, but it looks factory... any guys got a pic or a link to a pic of the underside of the vehicle, scouring the net trying to find one...

if its a ding, no prob, soon stick the fuel pump on it, and back presure it out, 4bar should pop it, but it dont look like a ding...

wana check it with stock photo before i fart around with it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah... Just blown that dent out! If anybody thinks the same as I, it's factory! DONT DO IT! Now the dent is inverted and sticking down about 1" lower than skid! Ummm... Pop it back up I suppose... Lol. Cheers guys for ur input.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had a similar problem.
I posted about it on here in someones thread, here is the link.

http://www.rzrforums.net/general-rzr-discussion/8327-what-plugging-up-my-gas-tank-3.html

I thought my tank was pushed in from hitting something going in reverse.
The float on the fuel gauge arm was jammed up to the filler tube.
Turned out the fuel vent line was crushed.
The fuel pump pulled a vaccum and the tank collapsed.
I used air to pop it out (LOW PRESSURE!) I also made sure the tank was warm
and I replaced the vent line. No problems since.
It would only take a few minutes to disconnect the vent line from the tank and see if it is blocked.
It does sounds as though you have a weak spot on the tank though.
Mine didn't bulge down.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yep its factory....not sure why its there but mine is the same way....and I know i didn't ht anything because it is covered up with the UHMW skid

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im4seven, Yep my dent looked just like that! Don't pop it out, because it's supposed to be like it!! Factory...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Mine has the dent I also had my vent tube clog with mud and sucked my tank shut colapsed it so much I couldn't even put fuel in it when you unscrewed the gas cap the bottom of the tank was sucked all the way to the neck

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Mine has the dent I also had my vent tube clog with mud and sucked my tank shut colapsed it so much I couldn't even put fuel in it when you unscrewed the gas cap the bottom of the tank was sucked all the way to the neck
Good fuel pump

·
Registered
245 Posts
Lucky I didn't burn the pump up

1 - 20 of 28 Posts