Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I need to replace my bushings and understand Delrin are suppose to be stronger but they say do not grease them. To me that's just going to cause all kinds of rust to build up in there. Not sure who avoids water with their RZR.

Saying that what grease would be best so as not to harm them.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
there's at least (6) threads running on aftermarket bushings.
Looks like Super Dave is in the lead and credible people saying you can't force your grease gun past them.

That said we all know steel rusts and I say put a dollup in your hand and manually grease during install as reasonably possible. Then try to grease gun once in a while after riding.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
With the Delrin bushings it won't matter if you grease them or not. Because they don't last any longer then the OEM.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep I have come to that conclusion about Delrin, so I have ordered a complete set of OEM bushings and plan on putting in Zerk fittings on the outer rears as those are the ones that are shot.

Ran into the thread about the zerks after posting this. Makes sense to be able to grease those ones as well.

G

·
I could be wrong here..but I thought the only benefit to Delrin over poly was less flex( ie harder durometer). Not sure if they supposedly supposed to last longer? This is strictly from Automotive experience. We use Delrin in high HP independent rear end suspension arms to prevent minimize deflection during high acceleration loading. Delrin does increase NHV though..probably not much concern on a RZR..since its a vibration mess anyway lol. It MAY exacerbate A-Arm mount hole elongation issues though..just considering it handing less flex..might by inconsequential though.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
So what about the superdaves bushing. Do they last alot longer than OEM?
Yes they do. I've been running them for over a year and there still have zero play.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
.............( ie harder durometer)..
I introduced durometer to the Forum a few years ago.
Glad to see others picking it up.
Further is references to the sca;les.
i.e. Shore A, etc.
used one 30 years ago. It was probably 40 years old at that time. War time maybe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts