Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2012 RZR 800 LE, which has performed very well. I am already running FUTV full 1/2" skids, I have a UTV Inc intake, Full windshield and a Cooter Brown roof. I also have a full Polaris soft top for the winter. I have Twisted Stitch Excel seats and 5 point safety harness's (G Force from DG Safety) Running stock wheels and tires. I do have Afco MT-1 shocks with progressive springs.I decided I wanted to take it up a notch. I ordered a Holz clutch kit from Tim (Swingarm 1) ,12" Hiper wheels (3 + 5 ) from Steve (Black Rhino), Pitbull Growlers in 26.5x9x12 for the front and Pitbull Rockers in 26.5x11x12 for the rear from Discount Tire. Also have a heater with defrost coming from Ebay, and a snorkel kit from Artic Thunder.

Hope to get all this installed before the next ride.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

This is my EBay special heater kit , I already have some of it assembled.

EDIT: I just finished installing it, seems to work pretty darn good .

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holz clutch kit from Swingarm (Tim ) is in, Tim said this would " wake my Rzr up". That is the understatement of the year. Also got the rear Pitbulls in, fronts will be here tomorrow . Hipers shipped today from Kansas. Here is a pic of the rear Pitbulls . These things are narly .....

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Auto part

Tire Automotive tire Tread Vehicle Auto part

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Discount was out of the Rockers for the front, actual inventory only showed 1 Growler, they found a second.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Nice looking RZR... how does the heater work so far? I've been looking for one, do you have any info on the heater?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It worked ok, it was 42 degrees here so not exactly cold, but was real damp. It took the edge off . And I got the heater off eBay, it's from Universal Parts.

·
Scooter9701
17 Posts
Hey Sahara, we just bought our first RZR and so far we love it! However, I want to change a few things. One it has a two inch lift with 28x14 tires and wheels. They are swamp lites and as good as they look, they are just too aggressive. Also, with this combo, it handles like a battleship. Gotta get it back to lower stance. Here is my question. You said you changed the clutch and it made a difference. What kind of a difference? Obviously for the good. Also, new tire and wheel combo is good?
Thanks!
Scott

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Clutch brought low and mid performance way up. Top end used to be 63mph but dropped to 60mph with the clutch kit. I can't recommend the clutch kit enought, it's just awesome performance .

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
New tire and wheel combo is awesome. Rzr rides great with the higher sidewall. I ran the tires at 10psi. The added width from going with the 3 + 5 wheels and the Pitbulls is fantastic, Rzr feels much more stable. With the clutch kit and tire and wheel combo the Rzr flat out rocks. I definitely need a set of S flares though . Be aware that while the tires do not rub anywhere, it will put you at 54" wide in the front and 56" wide in the back.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts