Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since DDM Tuning is absolutely no help in fixing this issue (I emailed them to ask about why one of my headlights was leaking so badly and was told 'water damage' is not covered by warranty :rm_thumbdown:, even though the damage is due to their wiring. Why have a seal around the bulb if the bulb wiring is not sealed :rollfinger:), I thought I would share with everyone what I have discovered.

While I have seen a couple of people talk about doubling up the seals on the bulbs, it did not fix the issue for me. I had to order a replacement bulb because mine was so muddy and dirty. When my new bulbs arrived (I ordered two), I water tested them in the housing (I had the housing out to clean it.) I sprayed water all over the seal itself and it never leaked. BUT, when I sprayed water in the area between the wires (see pic), it leaked like a faucet inside the housing. Guess what - thats exactly where your tires throw mud and water when you are out riding.

I am going to put some caulk inside that plastic to hopefully seal things up (once it all dries back out) and see if that addresses the leaks.

·
Registered
601 Posts
being in the telecommincation world I deal with stuff called icky pick and it is water repelling/swelling gell and it works great. you can buy a bag of it for about 10 bucks and it hardnens just like ballistic gell. Feels like a rubber bounceing ball, works great for cables that are under water 24/7, wonder if it would work for this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since DDM Tuning is absolutely no help in fixing this issue (I emailed them to ask about why one of my headlights was leaking so badly and was told 'water damage' is not covered by warranty :rm_thumbdown:, even though the damage is due to their wiring. Why have a seal around the bulb if the bulb wiring is not sealed :rollfinger:), I thought I would share with everyone what I have discovered.

While I have seen a couple of people talk about doubling up the seals on the led bulbs, it did not fix the issue for me. I had to order a replacement bulb because mine was so muddy and dirty. When my new bulbs arrived (I ordered two), I water tested them in the housing (I had the housing out to clean it.) I sprayed water all over the seal itself and it never leaked. BUT, when I sprayed water in the area between the wires (see pic), it leaked like a faucet inside the housing. Guess what - thats exactly where your tires throw mud and water when you are out riding.

I am going to put some caulk inside that plastic to hopefully seal things up (once it all dries back out) and see if that addresses the leaks.

I liked you concept of lighting but I still feel LED lights are best

·
Officially Addicted
694 Posts
Hid lights are no comparison to a led light bar, but hid lights are 10x better than the halogens. I just put clear silicon all around my wires, and there was a little hole in the base of mine also I had to fill. I have a different kit, but they're all made from the same factory in china.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
That stuff works awesome (Icky gel) But I used some clear silicone in a tube as I had it on my shelf. Still gets a few drops of moisture in there though. IMHO, my secondary set of LED lights out perform the HID's. No baby sitting to get them fired up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts