Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I let my 12 year old daughter drive my "S" which I always do and she has always done a great job with me in it. This time she was just taking a friend for a spin in the dirt lot a few lots down and decided to show off a little for her friend and started doing doughnuts. Well it didn't work out so well. She ended up parking the RZR into our neighbors new cinder block wall putting a hole in the wall and pushing the right front wheel of the RZR back about 8in to where it rubs the plastic every time you turn to the right. Anyone know if insurance will cover a minor driving. We have full coverage insurance and I am pretty sure they will but just don't know. Haven't had time to call my insurance agent yet and ask who is also my neighbor to ask if they will cover it. I'm a little worried about possible frame damage since where the A-ams connect to the frame are buckled. Hopefully it's not a total loss and really glad they were wearing the 5 point harness correctly and no one was hurt. I have caught my kids a few times riding without the shoulder harnesses locked into the waist belt.

H

·
0 Posts
1st glad no one was hurt..2nd is she legal to operate it under the laws of your State...if so and nothing in your policy excludes it (ie does the policy require named driver's? Many policies require any driver that lives under your roof to be specifically listed on the policy)I'd say you are good...if NOT, ie if your state has an age limit for operating OHVs of a certain CC and she isnt old enough..then I'd say you could not only be stuck with the bill but be subject to Criminal charges.

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
A slight twist on the occurance you had but when my son drove our bronco through the garage door, the home owner's insurance agent told us that they did not cover damage to the home or vehicles if caused by our minor children. He then asked how old my son was and the answer "2 years old" got him laughing. They covered it but it opened our eyes on covering our own kids doing damage to stuff.
Again, that was our home owners policy so I don't know about the other.

·
Registered
944 Posts
You can ask 100 people and get 100 different answers based on your state and policy coverage. Like HighOctane said - read your policy

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
So I crashed my "S" . This time I was just taking a friend for a spin in the dirt lot a few lots down and decided to show off a little for my friend and started doing doughnuts. Well it didn't work out so well. I ended up parking the RZR into our neighbors new cinder block wall putting a hole in the wall and pushing the right front wheel of the RZR back about 8in to where it rubs the plastic every time you turn to the right. Anyone know if insurance will cover my driving. We have full coverage insurance and I am pretty sure they will but just don't know. Haven't had time to call my insurance agent yet and ask who is also my neighbor to ask if they will cover it. I'm a little worried about possible frame damage since where the A-ams connect to the frame are buckled. Hopefully it's not a total loss and really glad I was wearing the 5 point harness correctly and no one was hurt.

So "YOU" insured your RZR, then "YOU" crashed it.... Should be OK in the end !! :shhh:

Honesty is NOT always the best policy !! Honesty has burnt me a few times... Pic-n-choose your Honest moments ... Not the Christian way, but the Insurance company is just looking for a way to get out of this !!

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
Talked to my insurance agent and he assured me it will be covered no matter who was driving. That's good news.
good news for you,
you were lucky,
i believe to operate a s x s you have to hold a drivers license even if you are operating off road,
and it is against the law for a minor to operate the s x s

·
Registered
813 Posts
Just make sure you tell your ins co that you were driving so they do not come back in the end and screw you.

·
Registered
813 Posts
So I crashed my "S" . This time I was just taking a friend for a spin in the dirt lot a few lots down and decided to show off a little for my friend and started doing doughnuts. Well it didn't work out so well. I ended up parking the RZR into our neighbors new cinder block wall putting a hole in the wall and pushing the right front wheel of the RZR back about 8in to where it rubs the plastic every time you turn to the right. Anyone know if insurance will cover my driving. We have full coverage insurance and I am pretty sure they will but just don't know. Haven't had time to call my insurance agent yet and ask who is also my neighbor to ask if they will cover it. I'm a little worried about possible frame damage since where the A-ams connect to the frame are buckled. Hopefully it's not a total loss and really glad I was wearing the 5 point harness correctly and no one was hurt.

So "YOU" insured your RZR, then "YOU" crashed it.... Should be OK in the end !! :shhh:

Honesty is NOT always the best policy !! Honesty has burnt me a few times... Pic-n-choose your Honest moments ... Not the Christian way, but the Insurance company is just looking for a way to get out of this !!
EXACTLY!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Let's see...you've posted a description of the damage to both the property and the machine, on a public forum using a username with a posting history which should not make it too difficult to identify you. While they may or may not cover the damage, I can almost assure you that the insurance company will vigorously prosecute if they get a whiff of insurance fraud. If you had a hope of pulling this off, I think you shot yourself in the foot by posting your potential plans here.

Remember, it's often not the initial "crime" that people get in trouble for, but the attempted cover-up. Think Bill Clinton's Monica Lewinski perjury, Martha Stewart's insider trading, etc.

If you have any kind of umbrella liability policy (such as through your homeowner's or renter's policy), it will probably cover the damage to the other party's wall, but not the Rzr.

I'm not a lawyer, but I read murder mysteries about them!

H

·
0 Posts
Re-read..the OP never suggested or condoned fraud..just asked if it would be covered..it was other members who suggested fraud.
Let's see...you've posted a description of the damage to both the property and the machine, on a public forum using a username with a posting history which should not make it too difficult to identify you. While they may or may not cover the damage, I can almost assure you that the insurance company will vigorously prosecute if they get a whiff of insurance fraud. If you had a hope of pulling this off, I think you shot yourself in the foot by posting your potential plans here.

Remember, it's often not the initial "crime" that people get in trouble for, but the attempted cover-up. Think Bill Clinton's Monica Lewinski perjury, Martha Stewart's insider trading, etc.

If you have any kind of umbrella liability policy (such as through your homeowner's or renter's policy), it will probably cover the damage to the other party's wall, but not the Rzr.

I'm not a lawyer, but I read murder mysteries about them!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Um I don't remember anywhere in any of my posts were isaid I was gonna lie about who was driving. I made it clear here and to my insurance agent that she was the driver and he told me it didn't matter if the driver was 5 or 55 I was still covered. That's good insurance and no I would not lie about it

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I am confused.
In the first post it says your 12 year old Daughter did it.
In another 'quoted" post there is no mention of the Daughter and says you did it.
Heck I can't find the post where it was "quoted" from.
Who did it?

Doug

·
Wish i wasn't at work
1,306 Posts
It was professor mustard, in the dining room, with the candlestick!!!! Oops wrong board, LoL :-D

·
333 Posts
I would think the age thing would come down to that stupid sticker they put on from the factory that says like under 16. Sounds like you have a good agent tho covering it no matter the age or driver.

·
Registered
739 Posts

I was wondering how long it would take before the most intelligent solution to this dilemma was given.:)

H

·
0 Posts

I was wondering how long it would take before the most intelligent solution to this dilemma was given.:)
Y'all are only looking at what would seem to be the easiest solution to ensure the insurance claim gets paid..but usually there is more to life that money..what does lying to the insurance company teach his daughter? Also this happened near his home and involved a neighbors property and his agent is a neighbor..so if you lie about you now are wrapped up in a lie to people you see regularly and as well you have put the burden of keeping quiet or lying on your 12 your old child
I don't know about Yall but I have kids and I think I'd rather take my chances or having to pay for it than start that snowball.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Lying to an insurance company is not the answer.
That way of thinking is part of the reason our Premiums are so dang high.

Doug

1 - 20 of 32 Posts