Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
if you want to make sure it's your joints, just grab ahold of the joints and check to see if they are loose, mine had the same jiggling sound from the front and the rear. I ended up going with the joints from napa and replaced everything myself, it's not a hard job but will take a couple hours to do

·
Registered
426 Posts
I put the Dalton clutch kit in Friday and rode Monday. I used the two long screws as suggested in the kit. I was not overly impressed with the performance gains, but I could see gain. Besides 26" Bighorns, I have a lot of add-ons, winch, second battery, cage extension, metal doors, Cooter Brown roof, glass windshield. washer and tank, plus the usual tools, axe and shovel. I wonder if I use a long set screw and a short set screw like you did, if I would gain a little more snap. I think I w3ill try it, but I would like a little feed back before I pull the cover again. Ride safe, ride insured.

Roy

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Roy can't you run without the clutch cover until you get everything dialed in to your liking
Next week I'm putting 30x10-12 silverbacks on and will be doing the dalton kit after that I plan to setup per instructions but I'll keep the cover off until I'm happy with the kit
Pappy

·
Registered
721 Posts
I put the Dalton clutch kit in Friday and rode Monday. I used the two long screws as suggested in the kit. I was not overly impressed with the performance gains, but I could see gain. Besides 26" Bighorns, I have a lot of add-ons, winch, second battery, cage extension, metal doors, Cooter Brown roof, glass windshield. washer and tank, plus the usual tools, axe and shovel. I wonder if I use a long set screw and a short set screw like you did, if I would gain a little more snap. I think I w3ill try it, but I would like a little feed back before I pull the cover again. Ride safe, ride insured.

Roy
I am currently running with only 1 long screw and am seeing pretty good gains at 0-5000' At 5000'+ I think I may try just one short screw. I am running 26" Kenda Bearclaw HTR and a bunch of other accessory weight like you. I started with one long and one short and seen gains but it definitely is better with just one long screw.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thank you for the replies. I guess my instinct was correct, less weight is the way to go. Not sure if I want to run without a cover unless I have the courage to test it on the street - a no no in my area. It is an option I guess. Thanks for suggesting that. Ride safe, ride insured.

Roy

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have 27s on mine and quite a few accessories, and run with one long screw. Elevation varies from 0 - 3000 ft. Experimented with some of the other setups, but the one long screw seems to be the sweet spot.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have 27s on mine and quite a few accessories, and run with one long screw. Elevation varies from 0 - 3000 ft. Experimented with some of the other setups, but the one long screw seems to be the sweet spot.
Thanks for the re-enforcement. That is what I will try next. Ride safe, ride insured.

Roy

·
redbull
375 Posts
I have had the dolton clutch kit for 2 yrs now I think. I run 28” tires 8 ply . Set it up for 28-30” tires and it’s nevet let me down. I have had it on so long I don’t even remember what it was stock. But I can tell you my brothers is stock except shocks and I pull away from him side by side

·
Registered
721 Posts
Still happy with the clutch kit. I run with one short screw and the black and white spring. I think that is about as good as I can do for my machine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree with the review by Katnapper. I've had mine for awhile and the install was easier than expected and the end result was dramatic. I only went up to 26-inch tires but could still feel the torque shift from OEM. Money well spent! Only small con is the slight clunk when the clutch engages from a cold start. Seems to go away after warm up.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts