Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I know there are issues with Polaris clutch housing taking in water. I was wondering if anyone knows if the issue is caused more from not have tight seal on the back cover mounting or is it caused because the cover does not seal tightly on the back cover, i.e. the foam seal is not sufficient? Or is it equally both? Regardless, muddy water getting inside can cause future problems if not cleaned. I see many people trying to use RTV automotive sealants to prevent water from getting in. Has anyone come across something that works to seal the cover on tightly and be able to remove the cover easily? Thanks

·
Registered
3,995 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Hello, I know there are issues with Polaris clutch housing taking in water. I was wondering if anyone knows if the issue is caused more from not have tight seal on the back cover mounting or is it caused because the cover does not seal tightly on the back cover, i.e. the foam seal is not sufficient? Or is it equally both? Regardless, muddy water getting inside can cause future problems if not cleaned. I see many people trying to use RTV automotive sealants to prevent water from getting in. Has anyone come across something that works to seal the cover on tightly and be able to remove the cover easily? Thanks
Some have leaks behind the inner clutch housing. For that remove the housing and reseal with rtv. Some have leaks where the outer housing meets the inner housing. I used this https://www.lowes.com/pd/Frost-King...bber-Foam-Window-Weatherstrip-2-Pack/50235609 along with the oem foam rubber seal to add a thicker seal where the 2 housings meet. Knock on wood I haven't had any leaks since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts