Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Would exhaust wrap work on the passenger side where the bare pipe is exposed to help control heat or would that cause too much to be dumped through the muffler?

Steve............

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's what I'm waiting on, a couple of the guys that have replied to my post are supposed to be getting back to me about the ones they have. If I pick up one I will send the other guy your way to see if you want it.

Steve.........

·
Registered
13 Posts
Would exhaust wrap work on the passenger side where the bare pipe is exposed to help control heat or would that cause too much to be dumped through the muffler?

Steve............
My 3in header is wrapped all the way to the exhaust clamp. I did it mainly to cut down on heat to the shock. Does it work? Who knows. Thought it looked cool and piece of mind. One could possibly argue it actually holds in heat. I feel like that would be a stretch but I’m not an expert.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's what I'm waiting on, a couple of the guys that have replied to my post are supposed to be getting back to me about the ones they have. If I pick up one I will send the other guy your way to see if you want it.

Steve.........
Also, I run the desert craft blower. I’m not sold on it. I blow a lot of belts. I’ve investigated and checked everything I possibly could in my clutch (alignment, proper clutch weights, limit washer, snap ring delete kit, helix....and so on). I’ve ran every belt on the market (OEM best by far). The only common trend that I’ve noticed is I don’t blow belts when the cover is off. My opinion on CVT blowers is a little gray. If removing your cover is a no go for you, maybe try the AA primary fan. I have zero experience with it, just a suggestion.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts