Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the ones that have done it, does the 'cat delete' make that much difference in heat over a stock unaltered muffler?
Also I was wondering if something like the Desert Craft CVT Blaster II would be needed for my style of riding, I mostly ride Forest Service roads and the small gravel roads and not wide open but at a decent pace. Thanks for any info.

Steve............

·
The Lone Rzr
2,218 Posts
I think it makes a big difference in the heat generated.
I don't have any scientific proof but I don't think my fan comes on as often since i did the cat delete.
I also opened up the aluminum shield behind the muffler to let heat out.
I would never run again with a cat

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
185EZ..... I agree totally. I run the trinity stage 5. So I deleted the heat shield as well. I believe it’s a lot cooler than stock was.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Huge difference. Last weekend never topped 180 degrees during a 100 mile run. I’m not sure the fan ever came on. Now it was only 65 outside so I’m sure that also helped a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
43 Posts
There's a you tube video that shows just at idle for 10 min 32 degrees cooler at turbo 64 degrees cooler at muffler where the cat was. I gutted mine yesterday. I followed the video, instead of cutting the pipe I grinded the weld at the 90 and it slipped apart. Made it easier and stronger to weld. Took about an hour start to finish. I wish I would have done it when new.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have watched all those videos and believe I'll do the cat delete today if I get time. I will see if I can do it like you did and grind the weld. Thanks guys for the info.

Steve..........

·
The Lone Rzr
2,218 Posts
wrknman is correct. Take a little more time and grind off the weld. The pipe slips into the muffler.
I wish I would have known that when I did mine. I was grinding on the weld to smooth it out but didn't go far enough.
I've seen guys leave the muffler on and do all this but I took mine off to make sure I got most of the cat guts out.
I use a spark arrestor and it still had some debris in it after a ride.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't think about it but I guess I should wait for the Warranty to run out before I do it.

Steve.........

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did mine with 3 years left on warranty. You could always look for a stock muffler later to change back if needed. I see them on the Craig or facepage for cheap

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did my 3 weeks ago. Notice the turbo fire red after a ride. Got scared since I’m new to this UTV world. I came across the cat delete. Video And so I did it. Cut it open and cleaned out the cat. Turbo seems to run more efficient and cooler and it doesn’t not get fire red like a formula one test engine anymore. You also slightly hear the turbo out if the exhaust And it’s not loud but. But better than stock. Saved myself from over priced exhausts.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have a stock muffler and one with the cat deleted for xpt. But shipping would be outrageous. And I have no clue what one is worth.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did my 3 weeks ago. Notice the turbo fire red after a ride. Got scared since I’m new to this UTV world. I came across the cat delete. Video And so I did it. Cut it open and cleaned out the cat. Turbo seems to run more efficient and cooler and it doesn’t not get fire red like a formula one test engine anymore. You also slightly hear the turbo out if the exhaust And it’s not loud but. But better than stock. Saved myself from over priced exhausts.
With or without still glows a beautiful red glow at night

·
Registered
22 Posts
My brother and I each just recently purchased new turboS's. I took the pussy out of my stock muffler asap and he still has his. On every ride my engine temps are always 10 degrees cooler.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My brother and I each just recently purchased new turboS's. I took the pussy out of my stock muffler asap and he still has his. On every ride my engine temps are always 10 degrees cooler.
I had 50 feet on the odometer when i made my first RZR turbo mod and threw away the cat. i knew i didn't need a muffler glowing red as well and could only help with getting heat out of the engine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts