Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my 2011 is cutting out only at full throttle as I accelerate. It revs and gains speeds but you can hear and feel a split second power loss every few seconds. Still under warranty, but any thoughts?

THANKS!

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
it is probably just hitting the rev limiter.
look at the rpms. If it is around 6300 rpm when it cuts out it is the rev limiter.
you can get a clutch kit to change how it shifts if it is not suited to your driving style.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not hitting the limiter unless the digital tac can't keep up with the actual revs. It cuts out as the rpms build. Once again, only at full throttle though. I've ridden several CVT Quad transmissions and its pretty much a smooth acceleration to top speed? Is that different with the polaris CVT?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Multiple RPMs at when the pedal is to the floor. Like I said, it will cut out every few seconds, but still gain speed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have had the same problem but only twice, once about a year ago and once about a week ago, at full throttle the car boggs and has no power at idle the rpm drops to around 800, it seems to happen during or after long rides, if I let the car rest it seems to go away ANY HELP?

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
I wonder if it is a throttle position sensor issue? they can get out of adjustment.
have you checked for blink codes?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Went into the shop today. I'll let you guys know more tomorrow.
my 2011 is doing the same thing, except it stalls, without the pedal to the metal.
Just cruising along, and it stalls.
Did it about 3 times yesterday during a 3 hour ride. Also happened on my previous 2 rides.

I restart the rzr, and it runs fine, like nothing happened.

I checked my air cleaner, and it seemed clean...thought maybe it was too dirty or something.
Its under warranty, so I plan on taking it in, but prefer to know what the problem is before I trust the dealer completely.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I had the same problem on the my first weekend riding. With the throttle wide open up to about 25 MPH my engine cut out 3 or 4 times. Before i rode the next time i siphoned out all the gas and refilled, I also bought new plugs in case that didn't help. With the change in gas it never did miss a lick and I still have new plugs ready to go if needed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dealership at a loss. they sent in data to Polaris today. may know more tomorrow. not happy with my first Polaris. owned 8 Japanese atvs 10 japanese sportbikes and never had one problem. this is scary. I wish yamaha would have something more comparable to the rzr.

·
Registered
112 Posts
dealership at a loss. they sent in data to Polaris today. may know more tomorrow. not happy with my first Polaris. owned 8 Japanese atvs 10 japanese sportbikes and never had one problem. this is scary. I wish yamaha would have something more comparable to the rzr.
Not that its going to help you, but I am going to try replacing my gas and see if that helps. I may have gotten some bad gas...I put in 3 gallons from a tank I kept in my garage. It may have been older than I first thought.
The dealer said bring it in, if that doesn't help.

·
Registered
278 Posts
your hitting thr rev limiter. It's not just the rpms it's rpms and clutching together. Some clutchs engage quicker than others witch isn't a bad thing. Get your ecu remaped to over ride the rev. limiter and you won't cut or mis out. Just My opinion

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
service tech at the dealership said it should not be cutting out like that. somethings a miss. the tank is filled with premium 91 octane strait from the gas station. you would ink if it was a fuel issue it would be happening no matter how hard you press down. my guess is an efi/ecu/tps electronics issue although you would think that would trip codes.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would like to know what you found out to be wrong with your car. My rzr is doing that same thing that you originally posted: cutting out at WOT. It is not a rev limiter problem. Suggestions please??

·
Registered
446 Posts
i have a 2011 and have the same problem at about 60 or 62 mph every time ive had it about 2mnths my guess would be a rev limiter if alot of people are haveing this problem

·
Registered
39 Posts
My 2011 is doing it as well. Its got 25 miles on it. I have had three people look at it, one being the dealer. It throws a 636 code right before it cuts out at 50 mph. Code is the crank positioning sensor. Dealership knew about the code but decided to start from the beginning. After 4 days of research and a call to Polaris, they called me tonight and said my crank is bent and it's not covered under warranty because I have an aftermarket clutch. But the RZR doesn't vibrate or give any indication of a bent crank. They can't guarantee that the crank repair will fix the cut out problem but they want $1,300 before they will proceed. I would love for somebody to solve this problem before I drop $1,300 on a crank.

·
Registered
446 Posts
if it a bend crank then sounds like they need to recall the 2011s because mine does it and othe rpeople seem to have this problem.... mine dont do it at 50mph mine is at top speed around 60 or so

1 - 20 of 34 Posts