Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a business owner and I always strive to please my customers bacause afterall they are spending thier hard earned money with my company. I always want to to hear the good and back feedback. "If I don't know what's broken I can't fix it" is how I look at it. However, not all companies appear to really care IE: DFR

My experience:

Past:
A couple years back I bought a set of Crusher beadlocks. Great rim & really like them. Couple of months after buying them I bent one when I brought several wheel studs on the trail. When I called to buy another one Iwas told they were discontinued. I asked if they could check with thier manufacturer or thier distributers to see if they had one. The answer was "No" your on your own and would not even give me the mfg name. A little digging and I found out who made them and found a replacement on my own..THANKS :rm_thumbdown:

Present:
I had purchased a Jagged X for the wife. I saw DFR was making bolt-on roll bar inhancements. This seemed like the ticket because I did not have the time to do anything custom right now so I figured I'd give them another try.

On 4-20-14 I ordered a set of thier cargo bars and bumpers horns from thier website, paid in full at time of order. The next day I recieve an email from Joe Morrow saying the bumper horns were out of stock and would be the third week of May. I replied no problem and would wait and was reassured they would go out ASAP and would keep me updated. The cargo bars came in promptly, the quality is good, and fit like a glove...great product! So I'm excited to get the other parts and don't mind waiting.

A few weeks go by with no updates so on 5-19 I send an email to Joe Morrow inquiring about them. He responds saying they are still a "couple weeks" out. Ok, a month is plenty long to have something this simple manufacturered. I responded saying if not here by 5-23-14 please just refund my purchase. Two word response I get back "No problem". 5-27-14 No parts and no refund. so I emailed back this morning. I get no response from DFR but rather a notification from Paypal saying I recieved a credit. No "sorry for the delays, problems, or explanation", no nothing, just an auto generated message from payal.

In my business we do not bill the customer until the work is complete. We have "skin in the game" so to speak for labor and materials. When you pay upfront for a product that a company does not even have in stock, is this how you do business?

DFR: Your customer service needs work.....
1) Do not sell what you do not have.
2) Do not take customers money until you have enough orders to fund your manufacturing.
3) If you promise something make every effort to deliver.
4) Make it right by the customer.

I relay this information not to bash but only so that you might improve.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Good vent and good use of words...its a shame we have to put up with this kind of treatment.....honesty up front from the vendor would have cured all problems and you would still be a customer..

·
WesternPaSxsAtv
499 Posts
Most companies now a days do not stock what they sell. Its how they can sell so cheap. No overhead = best prices.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I ran into the same issue with DFR. I wanted a replacement piece and they said discontinued with zero help.

They only have parts for very short cycles. I probably had almost $4k in DFR bolt on's. I will never order from them again.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
i just saw this and can not believe they have not even responded to this thread. I have not purchase from them but was considering it but after reading this it makes me wonder if they even care? I too am tired of paying for something only to be told LATER after i paid that it is not in stock right now, it will be blank blank weeks and it will be in stock. what a shame.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I would love to hear from DFR bc like you I'm about to order a butt load of accessories for my XP. A quick response just acknowledging the incident and thanking the customer for the suggestions would go a LONG way.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I would love to hear from DFR bc like you I'm about to order a butt load of accessories for my XP. A quick response just acknowledging the incident and thanking the customer for the suggestions would go a LONG way.
Yep, I do not even consider the company to be alive any more. I will do without before I buy from them.

From my personal experience and not all inclusive just experiences that were memorable.

I will repeat with:

Alba racing - always wonderful, Nate is the man.
American Rock Rods - Super cool and always try to help people out.
Hunterworks - Probably the best guy to discuss clutches with.
K&T - awesome products, fast turn around, but hard to get on the phone.
HCR - always working to make things better and have a super product.
MidwestUTVcustoms - Will try again, order went completely south, but did everything he could to hook me up.
TagTeam - Ships fast and you get no B.S. answers

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
last time they were ever on here was may 13. Linger i know u like the top stuff so in my opinion and mine alone i might look elsewhere, if it has to be dfr product i would find another vendor that may carry their product but better customer service

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I am a business owner and I always strive to please my customers bacause afterall they are spending thier hard earned money with my company. I always want to to hear the good and back feedback. "If I don't know what's broken I can't fix it" is how I look at it. However, not all companies appear to really care IE: DFR

My experience:

Past:
A couple years back I bought a set of Crusher beadlocks. Great rim & really like them. Couple of months after buying them I bent one when I brought several wheel studs on the trail. When I called to buy another one Iwas told they were discontinued. I asked if they could check with thier manufacturer or thier distributers to see if they had one. The answer was "No" your on your own and would not even give me the mfg name. A little digging and I found out who made them and found a replacement on my own..THANKS :rm_thumbdown:

Present:
I had purchased a Jagged X for the wife. I saw DFR was making bolt-on roll bar inhancements. This seemed like the ticket because I did not have the time to do anything custom right now so I figured I'd give them another try.

On 4-20-14 I ordered a set of thier cargo bars and bumpers horns from thier website, paid in full at time of order. The next day I recieve an email from Joe Morrow saying the bumper horns were out of stock and would be the third week of May. I replied no problem and would wait and was reassured they would go out ASAP and would keep me updated. The cargo bars came in promptly, the quality is good, and fit like a glove...great product! So I'm excited to get the other parts and don't mind waiting.

A few weeks go by with no updates so on 5-19 I send an email to Joe Morrow inquiring about them. He responds saying they are still a "couple weeks" out. Ok, a month is plenty long to have something this simple manufacturered. I responded saying if not here by 5-23-14 please just refund my purchase. Two word response I get back "No problem". 5-27-14 No parts and no refund. so I emailed back this morning. I get no response from DFR but rather a notification from Paypal saying I recieved a credit. No "sorry for the delays, problems, or explanation", no nothing, just an auto generated message from payal.

In my business we do not bill the customer until the work is complete. We have "skin in the game" so to speak for labor and materials. When you pay upfront for a product that a company does not even have in stock, is this how you do business?

2) Do not take customers money until you have enough orders to fund your manufacturing.

Joe,

Our apologies for not catching this thread sooner, we simply do not have the resources to monitor the RZR Forums as much as we would like to. I have spoke with Joe and he has assured me that you have not been charged for anything that has not shipped, he also wanted me to let you know that he is in the shop and would have no problem going over your account details with you to make sure everyone is on the same page.

As for the delivery dates on your products and the longer than normal lead times, I know Joe has been pushing to get this product scheduled and built for some time now. Please understand that we manufacture based on the demand for that particular product. Being as the Jagged X was a vehicle only made for one year the demand is low so we generally do not stock these items in large quantities. Although Joe can make suggestions as to what to build he can not alter the schedule himself. That being said dates can change for multiple reasons and all he can do is inform his customers as soon as he knows of a change.

We would like to do everything we can to get you taken care of so that you do not feel wronged. Please contact us at any time Monday - Friday 7:00am - 5pm MST. 800-708-9803 so we can find a solution that will work for both parties involved.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

My experience:

Past:

Present:

Joe,

Our apologies for not catching this thread sooner, we simply do not have the resources to monitor the RZR Forums as much as we would like to. I have spoke with Joe and he has assured me that you have not been charged for anything that has not shipped, he also wanted me to let you know that he is in the shop and would have no problem going over your account details with you to make sure everyone is on the same page.

As for the delivery dates on your products and the longer than normal lead times, I know Joe has been pushing to get this product scheduled and built for some time now. Please understand that we manufacture based on the demand for that particular product. Being as the Jagged X was a vehicle only made for one year the demand is low so we generally do not stock these items in large quantities. Although Joe can make suggestions as to what to build he can not alter the schedule himself. That being said dates can change for multiple reasons and all he can do is inform his customers as soon as he knows of a change.

We would like to do everything we can to get you taken care of so that you do not feel wronged. Please contact us at any time Monday - Friday 7:00am - 5pm MST. 800-708-9803 so we can find a solution that will work for both parties involved.

I started this post to let others know of my experiences with DFR and could care less about a response from DFR.

Too little, too late...lost customer :rm_thumbdown:

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Yep, I do not even consider the company to be alive any more. I will do without before I buy from them.

From my personal experience and not all inclusive just experiences that were memorable.

I will repeat with:

Alba racing - always wonderful, Nate is the man.
American Rock Rods - Super cool and always try to help people out.
Hunterworks - Probably the best guy to discuss clutches with.
K&T - awesome products, fast turn around, but hard to get on the phone.
HCR - always working to make things better and have a super product.
MidwestUTVcustoms - Will try again, order went completely south, but did everything he could to hook me up.
TagTeam - Ships fast and you get no B.S. answers[/QUOTE]

i will second those vendors u have listed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts